Welcome to the new GMMG Registry forum! Hopefully this new forum should be easier for everyone to register, login, navigate, and post! :)

#21 2002 Tom Henry Racing Camaro SS

Discussion & questions regarding the Tom Henry Chevrolet Racing SS Camaros.

Topic author
4th Gen Camaro Addict

Post by 4th Gen Camaro Addict »

Several of you here on the GMMG Registry Forum Board know that my wife and I just agreed to acquire another GMMG Camaro. We took delivery of it on Wednesday of this week from Grabiak Chevrolet in New Alexandria, Pennsylvania. The car that we just took delivery of is the Bright Rally Red 2002 GMMG Phase I Tom Henry Racing Camaro SS #21 with 4,690 miles. We left this past Tuesday evening and we drove straight through from central Iowa to southwestern Pennsylvania. We arrived there Wednesday afternoon around 4:00 p.m. looked the car over………finalized the purchase of it, loaded it up and then got a motel room to get some sleep before heading back to Iowa. I took the three pictures below at the motel that evening after we took delivery. Thursday morning we headed out for home and had beautiful weather. We stopped outside of Toledo, Ohio to meet and visit with Trigger, his wonderful wife Bonnie and his delightful daughter Tammy and look at his awesome collection of GMMG and SLP Camaros, Corvettes and trucks and then continued on home. On the southwest side of Chicago (as bad luck would have it) it started raining. Since we have an open trailer, we decided to stop and spend the night in a motel and hope that today (Friday) would be better and that it wouldn’t still be raining. NOT SO ! ! ! ! ! The Weather Channel told us that it would continue raining today, Saturday and Sunday so we headed for home in the rain. It rained all the way and when we got within 40 miles of home, it had snowed here Thursday and when we watched the news right after we got inside our home…………we found out that we had gotten almost 8 inches of snow…………IN MAY for Heavens Sake.

Anyway, until we can get the car cleaned up………..here are just a few pictures of the car for now.

GMMG ZL1 41
Site Admin

Post by GMMG ZL1 41 »

WAY TO GO J.D.!! THE CAR LOOKS GREAT!!

Blackbird34
Site Admin

Post by Blackbird34 »

Great looking car J.D! I thought about you and the weather this week. :o Glad you got it home.

CETABlackbird4

Post by CETABlackbird4 »

J.D.,

What a wild ride home - you definitely went the extra mile for your new GMMG! Welcome Tom Henry #21! A beautiful addition to your collection :!:

Dabom75

Post by Dabom75 »

Keep going J.D. half way to owning one of each type of GMMG Camaro.

ZL-1,Intimidator,and Tom Henry down.

PE, HRE, and Berger left to go.

Topic author
4th Gen Camaro Addict

@Dabom75 wrote:Keep going J.D. half way to owning one of each type of GMMG Camaro.

ZL-1,Intimidator,and Tom Henry down.

PE, HRE, and Berger left to go.

Brad..............you forgot one of the most important ones....................and certainly one I dream of owning someday..............a Dick Harrell wide body Camaro.

Dabom75

Post by Dabom75 »

Ya I was reading and just thought that and was like "OMG how can I be so dumb"

daytonajim
Site Admin
Vehicle: Many GMMG's

Post by daytonajim »

Sweet GMMG JD. Drive this one & have some fun! Jim

By the way - It's May 5th (@ sunset) & we still have ice on the lake.
Dick Harrell # 9, 18 (Organic Green) #27 (Vic Edlebrock's) - Bobby Labonte Blackbird #38 - Johnny Benson Berger SS #72 - PE Brickyard PR1 (red) - DHPE#4 Brickyard - silver - DEI #54 - 3 of 4 'real' 2000 Daytona 500 GTP Pace Cars

Topic author
4th Gen Camaro Addict

Well..............after the trip home in the rain Friday............we took the opportunity to clean up the Tom Henry Racing Camaro SS this afternoon before the weather changed and it rained AGAIN. :text-lol: Before we cleaned it up though...................I just had to take it for a test drive first and run it through the gears and see what it had. I picked up my neighbor (Brian) and gave him a ride. I "think" he was impressed. :text-lol: After the "testing" session.............then my wife and I proceeded to "clean up" our new car. So............now that we have it all cleaned up............it is getting acquainted with its new big brother (the ZL-1), its little brother (the Intimidator SS) and its little sister (the 30th Anniversary Camaro SS) out in the Bow-Tie Shop. :D

Here are some pictures after we got it cleaned up this afternoon:

daytonajim
Site Admin
Vehicle: Many GMMG's

Post by daytonajim »

Gotta love it!
Dick Harrell # 9, 18 (Organic Green) #27 (Vic Edlebrock's) - Bobby Labonte Blackbird #38 - Johnny Benson Berger SS #72 - PE Brickyard PR1 (red) - DHPE#4 Brickyard - silver - DEI #54 - 3 of 4 'real' 2000 Daytona 500 GTP Pace Cars