Welcome to the new GMMG Registry forum! Hopefully this new forum should be easier for everyone to register, login, navigate, and post! :)

#15TH - Value of 2002 Tom Henry Racing #15

Discussion & questions regarding the Tom Henry Chevrolet Racing SS Camaros.

thebodygod

Post by thebodygod »

Good News, the Tom Henry Car #15 will be resurected to Perfection by Stoughton Collision. All paper work is done and I will be headed down to pick up the Car this coming week end. 8-)

4th Gen Camaro Addict

Post by 4th Gen Camaro Addict »

THAT ISN'T "GOOD" NEWS...........................THAT'S "GREAT" NEWS THAT THIS COLLECTIBLE CAR IS GOING TO BE SAVED FROM THE SALVAGE YARD ! ! ! ! ! !

HOPEFULLY YOU WILL KEEP US ALL POSTED ON THE PROGRESS OF THIS PROJECT ! ! ! ! !

Dabom75

Post by Dabom75 »

Ya we want to see lots of pics as it progresses.

thebodygod

Post by thebodygod »

I have the Tom Henry car here, still in my trailor. I burned up 154 gals of diesel to get this car to my shop. I will be getting it in shop soon and get windshield out first and get all the broken glass cleaned up, then start with teardown and taking under-hood measurements. I will also put weld-in frame connectors.

I tried posting some of my photos from GMMG, but the file size was too large. I have many photos from Matt's place from the two trips I made to his shop (150). What I could do is post a link to a folder on my facebook page?? Loading ONE picture at a time is a pain, I'm used to loading 20 to 200 photos ;-)

4th Gen Camaro Addict

Jeff G. owner of Stoughton Collision Center in Stoughton, Wisconsin notified me today that he has been able to completely repair the Phase I Tom Henry #15 convertible that was involved in an accident in late December of 2012.

Jeff delivered the repaired Tom Henry Racing Camaro SS convertible to the owners today ! ! ! ! !

Car looks very good Jeff. Congratulations Jeff on a job well done ! ! ! ! ! :bow-blue: :bow-yellow: :greetings-clappingorange: :greetings-clappingyellow: :greetings-clapyellow: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbupright:

Congratulations to the owners for having the car repaired and not sending it to the junk yard to be parted out ! ! ! ! ! :banana-blonde: :banana-dance: :banana-dreads: :banana-angel: :banana-rainbow: :banana-rock:

Here are the photographs that Jeff sent me and ask me to post for him. :D

GMMG ZL1 41
Site Admin

Post by GMMG ZL1 41 »

CAR LOOKS AS GOOD AS NEW! GREAT WORK JEFF!

Topic author
jbm37379

Post by jbm37379 »

I picked up my car at Jeff's on Monday after going round and round with the people at U-Haul in Madison. Finally got the correct trailer and headed to Stoughton. Glad to have my car back-Jeff did a fine job-couple of small issues that have to be worked out but all in all car is back in one piece. Subframe connectors really stiffened up chassis-no more dimple in rear quarter panel from chassis flexing. Jeff is sending me the missing SS emblem for front fender and I will sending my wheel to be touched up. I did have a couple of questions for the "members" here. First, does anyone know where I can obtain a Tom Henry Racing decal for my windshield? The one that I had on car was made for me by Matt Murphy prior to my car being in the Forge Muscle Car show here in Chattanooga in 2006. I have seen black and silver ones on several cars but none like the blue, red and white one I had on there previously. Secondly, does anyone with a Tom Henry car with the rally stripes ( I know there weren't many) on the front fender-can you give me some dimensional data? I had wanted Jeff to put them on(I think all the Tom Henry's should have them) but he said he ran out of time and didn't get to it. I have ordered some dark grey ones for my car but I want to make sure they go on in the correct location and the correct angle. Thanks to Jeff for getting my car back together-it has been raining here in Chattanooga since returning so haven't had a chance to get my car washed,waxed, and polished. I will post some pictures when I get everything back on car. :) :)

daytonajim
Site Admin
Vehicle: Many GMMG's

Post by daytonajim »

Check with JD.

Car looks great - happy to know it has survived. Jim
Dick Harrell # 9, 18 (Organic Green) #27 (Vic Edlebrock's) - Bobby Labonte Blackbird #38 - Johnny Benson Berger SS #72 - PE Brickyard PR1 (red) - DHPE#4 Brickyard - silver - DEI #54 - 3 of 4 'real' 2000 Daytona 500 GTP Pace Cars

4th Gen Camaro Addict

@daytonajim wrote:Check with JD.

Car looks great - happy to know it has survived. Jim

If the decals you are wanting are like the ones on my Tom Henry Racing Camaro SS......................I'm pretty sure that I can help you out. :D

FRONT WINDSHIELD

REAR WINDOW

You'll just need to contact me. I have talked you once before on the telephone. I'll see if I can find your telephone number again. :D

As far as your stripes......................you're talking about the "Grand Sport" stipes and I only know of one Tom Henry Camaro that had them and that was Tom Henry #22. Any good vinyl graphic's shop can make those stripes for you basically in any color you want them.

Topic author
jbm37379

Post by jbm37379 »

As a followup-have been having to jump start car even to get it on trailer when returning from Wisconsin. I thought just because the car hadn't been driven, it needed a good charge - not the case. Car won't start even after just sitting one day. So my question to the members is this - I know AC Delco is original equipment but who makes the best battery for the money? I had a Wal-Mart Battery (I know - don't ask) in there and it lasted for almost 5 years (probably a lot had to do with the in-activity) but I need a replacement now and I don't know if I should spend $127 for an AC Delco 42 month battery, $98 for a Sears Die Hard Gold, or just go back to Walmart and buy a 3 year battery for $89. I'm not going to spend big bucks for an optima or similar-I think it's overkill. Anyone want to weigh in on this? :x