Welcome to the new GMMG Registry forum! Hopefully this new forum should be easier for everyone to register, login, navigate, and post! :)

#15TH - Value of 2002 Tom Henry Racing #15

Discussion & questions regarding the Tom Henry Chevrolet Racing SS Camaros.

Topic author
jbm37379

Post by jbm37379 »

I need some help from other GMMG owners. I own Tom Henry Racing car #15 (pewter convertible). Car has 40,000 miles on it and has been garage kept since I purchased car in Sept. of 2006. Car has only been in rain once since I owned it. I'm sure all you guys know this car has been hit once on right front corner but was given a clear bill of health prior to my purchase. The question I have is this - is there any reliable source for valuing these cars? The reason is this - My wife and I traveled out of town this past week only to find out that my 24 year old son had taken the car out and proceeded to wreck it. I don't know if the insurance company will total car or not but when they offer me a price if and when, I want to be able to tell them what the value is over a stock 2002 SS conv. Can anyone out there help? Thanks - if they do total car, I have been told that it will take approx 5500-6000 to repair car. I have pictures if anyone is interested. Thanks for all who can give me assistance in my time of grieving. :icon-redface:

super26

Post by super26 »

Post up some pics so we all can grieve with you.. Hagerty or Grundy collector car ins. have an agreed value of car when ins. is purchased.. who did you have ins. with? I feel your pain..

4th Gen Camaro Addict

Post by 4th Gen Camaro Addict »

"IF" the car is repairable....................I think that if I owned the car..................I would try to get it repaired by the most knowledgeable and reputable repair facility that I could find. Since it apparently "IS" a GMMG built Tom Henry Racing Camaro..............even though it has been wrecked................it still has a pedigree and "should" be worth more money down the road than it is today after it has been repaired. :auto-chevybowtie:

daytonajim
Site Admin
Vehicle: Many GMMG's

#15TH - Value of 2002 Tom Henry Racing #15

Post by daytonajim »

Photo from the archives. The Registry has an obligation to report the good & the bad.
Tom Henry SS #15.jpg
Tom Henry SS #15.jpg (1.42 MiB) Viewed 1777 times
Accident 1
W1
W1
100_7602.JPG (1022.22 KiB) Viewed 1777 times
I'd fix it & contact Jeff Gassen (HRE #2000) @ Stoughton Collision in Stoughton, WI. He's done detailing for me, Blackbird 34 & other GMMG owners. He's the only one I'd trust with my GMMG and to top it off...................he's a GMMG Car Owner too ! ! ! !

jeffg.scc58@sbcglobal.net

Accident 2 - with Jeff Gassen @ Stoughton Collision
W2
W2
15Jeff (9).jpg (97.56 KiB) Viewed 1777 times
15Jeff (15).JPG
15Jeff (15).JPG (501.16 KiB) Viewed 1777 times
15Jeff (14).JPG
15Jeff (14).JPG (2.22 MiB) Viewed 1777 times
15Jeff (6).jpg
15Jeff (6).jpg (71.13 KiB) Viewed 1777 times
15Jeff (21).JPG
15Jeff (21).JPG (526.56 KiB) Viewed 1777 times
There are only a handful of GMMG's & we need to save them all. If you don't want the car I'm sure someone on the Forum would. Maybe you can get a check & have the car too?

Jim
Attachments
s-l1600 (3).jpg
s-l1600 (3).jpg (219.08 KiB) Viewed 1777 times
Last edited by daytonajim on Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dick Harrell # 9, 18 (Organic Green) #27 (Vic Edlebrock's) - Bobby Labonte Blackbird #38 - Johnny Benson Berger SS #72 - PE Brickyard PR1 (red) - DHPE#4 Brickyard - silver - DEI #54 - 3 of 4 'real' 2000 Daytona 500 GTP Pace Cars

4th Gen Camaro Addict

Post by 4th Gen Camaro Addict »

:text-goodpost: :text-goodpost: :text-goodpost: :text-goodpost: :text-goodpost: :text-goodpost: :text-goodpost: :text-goodpost: :text-goodpost: :text-goodpost: :text-goodpost: :text-goodpost: :text-goodpost: :text-goodpost: :text-goodpost: :text-goodpost: :text-goodpost: :text-goodpost: :text-goodpost:

I know this is alot like closing the barn door after the horse has already gotten out of the barn but as for collector car insurance, several of us have our "Agreed Value" collector car insurance with American Modern Home Insurance Company - daytonajim, HOTROD1974, Berger SS PR-1 and myself (here on the GMMG Registry Forum Board). daytonajim's agent is Sky Smith who is a sponsor here on this forum board (you can send him a private message here on this forum board - his username is: sky@skysmithinsurance). HOTROD1974, Berger SS PR-1 and I use Tamra Perto with MK Insurance. Tamra's telephone number is (866) 695-2774 and her email address is tperto@mk-ins.com. Tamra's website address at MK Insurance is: http://www.mkinsuranceagency.com/insura ... ?sid=31366. While I realize it's too late for this incident......................"IF" you repair the car (which I hope you do), then please purchase "Agreed Value" insurance on it so that the next time ("IF" there is a next time), this won't be so much of a problem.

Blackbird34
Site Admin

Post by Blackbird34 »

Sorry your car is messed up. That really sucks!

I think unless you purchased an "agreed value" or "stated value" policy when you originally bought the car you may be out of luck to get more than a blue book type value :(

I have my house, vehicles, motorcyles etc... through State Farm Ins. State Farm actually wrote me a agreed value policy on my Blackbird. I had to provide the documentation and pictures is all it took. My rates are REALLY good!

Good luck with your claim. Keep us posted..

thebodygod

Post by thebodygod »

I own Stoughton Collision Center. I have State Farm Ins. I supplied them with my window stickers and purchase price info, I was told they would stand behind that cost / value in the case of an accident. You may be able to use the original sale price, or copy of the original window sticker, if you have it, to prove your point on the cars value. No matter what Ins. Co you have, we can work with them to get your car put back to Pre-Accident Condition.

daytonajim
Site Admin

Post by daytonajim »

Again, Jeff is the only guy I will let touch my GMMG's.

'thebodygod' is the perfect user name.

He spent over 65 hours cleaning & detailing SS #76 before I brought it home. Hands down this car has the best paint of all my GMMG's.

HRE #1975 in front of Jeff's shop.

Dick Harrell # 9, 18 (Organic Green) #27 (Vic Edlebrock's) - Bobby Labonte Blackbird #38 - Johnny Benson Berger SS #72 - PE Brickyard PR1 (red) - DHPE#4 Brickyard - silver - DEI #54 - 3 of 4 'real' 2000 Daytona 500 GTP Pace Cars

Topic author
jbm37379

Post by jbm37379 »

If someone will help me figure out how to post pics-I will but I haven't figured that out yet-my mind is obviously elsewhere.

daytonajim
Site Admin

Post by daytonajim »

Try this link .........TIPS.......... http://forums.gmmgregistry.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=84

JD or Jim Simon should be able to help. Just e-mail (off line) the photos you want uploaded & they should be able to help.