Welcome to the new GMMG Registry forum! Hopefully this new forum should be easier for everyone to register, login, navigate, and post! :)

**GMMG Birds Wanted**

Looking for a GMMG car? Let others here on this forum board know what you're looking for. IF YOU BUY OR SELL A CAR AS A RESULT OF INFORMATION OBTAINED IN THIS FORUM OR FROM ASSISTANCE FROM THE GMMG REGISTRY MANAGEMENT TEAM, WE ASK FOR A 1/2% OF 1% CONTRIBUTION OF THE SALE OR PURCHASE PRICE TO THE GMMG REGISTRY TO ASSIST WITH CONTINUING OPERATIONAL EXPENSES OF THE GMMG REGISTRY AND WEBSITE MAINTENANCE.

Topic author
02WS6

Post by 02WS6 »

Well, I'm probably regret saying this but what if I told you guys that $20k will get me Year One BB #2???!!! :shhh: Would you guys be able to give me some feedback now with that in mind.

Also, if I can pull this off, where do you guys think I would be to sell my near perfect 02 WS6? It has only 30k miles. But I can only have one bird at a time so ill have to have that cash in hand first before moving forward. Let me know. I appreciate the feedback thus far :)

Topic author
02WS6

Post by 02WS6 »

@Blackbird34 wrote:Have you looked at or inquired about BlackBird #28 in Connecticut? That car has less miles and is priced about the same. Just my opinion here ... but unless one of the sellers of Year One BB #2 or BB #28 are very motivated to move their cars, I just don't see either car selling for much under $25K. I guess it depends how bad you want a BlackBird? If selling your WS6 and throwing in $5K or so to get into a BB is realistic then I say go for it! :)

What are the options and miles on your WS6?

Oh btw my car had every option offered that year. As stated it has 30k miles, according to the vin, it's literally one of the last few hundred to roll off the assembly line. Also have window sticker. I love it but if I can get ajust as clean BB then I will. ;)

GMMG ZL1 41
Site Admin

Post by GMMG ZL1 41 »

HAS THERE BEEN ANY MODS DONE TO YOUR CAR? WHEN YOU SAY EVERYTHING DOES IT HAVE TRACTION CONTROL AND THE 12 DISC CD CHANGER? I AM NOT SURE WHAT THE CAR WOULD GO FOR. 13 TO 17K? HOW CLEAN IS YEAR ONE BB #2? FOR THAT PRICE I THINK YOU SHOULD MAKE A RUN AT IT! THEY ARE VERY RARE. JUST MAKE SURE IT HAS THOSE FLOOR MATS! GOOD LUCK!

Topic author
02WS6

Post by 02WS6 »

Nope, my car is 100% stock. And yup it has the 12disc cd changer and traction control (which I didn't know was an option). Obviously I'd like to get the most possible for it, I'm just not quite sure where to start.

Year One BB #2 looks fairly clean. My biggest concerns as of now are: the cleanliness of the engine compartment, possible cracks forming in the door panels, and there appears to be cracks on the plastic housing of the gauge cluster....aside from that nothing too major. I'll have to ask about those mats but I don't think it has them. I guess we'll see.

GMMG ZL1 41
Site Admin

Post by GMMG ZL1 41 »

CHECK THE SAIL PANEL AS WELL TO SEE IF IT'S BUBBLING. THAT ANOTHER COST TO YOU IF IT NEEDS FIXING. YOU CAN LOOK IN AUTO TRADER,E-BAY,AND CARS.COM FOR COMPARABLE CARS TO YOURS SO YOU CAN GET AN IDEA OF WHERE TO START ON PRICE FOR YOUR CAR.

Topic author
02WS6

Post by 02WS6 »

If he sends me all the photos I've been requesting, then I'll plan on flying out to Vegas during the beginning of April. It seems to me that if I can find a good home for my current WS6 and get a fair amount for it, then this Year One BB will be a no brainer :)

I have to ask, and this is going to be a pretty lame question, but how bad is the drone from these year one's exhausts? I love how perfect my factory exhaust is on the road with barely any noticeable drone. But I kinda fear these BB's to be fairly uncomfortable when it comes to that and what not....

4th Gen Camaro Addict

Post by 4th Gen Camaro Addict »

This car doesn't have a "Year One" exhaust. It has the GMMG chambered exhaust just like every other GMMG built car has. :text-lol:

It is all personal preference..............to some...........they would say that if you drive it a long distance.............it would get on your nerves...................to others (myself included), it is sweet and I love listening to it. :D Matter of fact.................I've never had the radio/cd player on in my ZL-1...................couldn't even tell you whether it even works or not. :o

Topic author
02WS6

Post by 02WS6 »

Lol I know all these cars came with the GMMG chambered exhaust I was just curious to know how people felt about the drone....

And I talked to the owner today, and he said the car didnt come with embroidered mats. Am I missing something? I'll probably take heat for this but were all the GMMG cars spotty builds. It seems some cars have all the pieces, while others are missing a few things here and there :?

4th Gen Camaro Addict

Post by 4th Gen Camaro Addict »

No................the GMMG cars as a whole were not "spotty" builds. Just towards the end when the walls started to fall in on Matt. :roll:

Topic author
02WS6

Post by 02WS6 »

Thats fair enough. Then let me ask, did any of the Year One BB's come with embroidered mats?