Welcome to the new GMMG Registry forum! Hopefully this new forum should be easier for everyone to register, login, navigate, and post! :)

**GMMG Birds Wanted**

Looking for a GMMG car? Let others here on this forum board know what you're looking for. IF YOU BUY OR SELL A CAR AS A RESULT OF INFORMATION OBTAINED IN THIS FORUM OR FROM ASSISTANCE FROM THE GMMG REGISTRY MANAGEMENT TEAM, WE ASK FOR A 1/2% OF 1% CONTRIBUTION OF THE SALE OR PURCHASE PRICE TO THE GMMG REGISTRY TO ASSIST WITH CONTINUING OPERATIONAL EXPENSES OF THE GMMG REGISTRY AND WEBSITE MAINTENANCE.

GMMG ZL1 41
Site Admin

Post by GMMG ZL1 41 »

THE ANSWER IS I DON'T KNOW. MINE DIDN'T COME WITH THE BLACKBIRD FLOOR MATS AND IT LOOKS LIKE #2 DIDN'T EITHER. FEAR NOT THOUGH I FOUND SOMEONE TO MAKE THEM AND THEY ARE BETTER THAN THE ORIGINALS. GARY WALKERS #5 CAR DID COME WITH FLOOR MATS. J.D. IS RIGHT THOUGH ABOUT TOWARDS THE END OF GMMG SOME CARS DIDN'T COME WITH ALL THE ACCESSORIES . MY 35TH ANNIVERSARY CAR DOES HAVE EVERYTHING AND IT REALLY BUGS ME THAT MY YEAR ONE CAR DIDN'T. THE ONLY THING I AM MISSING ON THE YEAR ONE CAR IS THE ASH TRAY PLAQUE. SOMETHING I'LL BET THIS YEAR ONE CAR #2 IS MISSING. AS FAR AS THE EXHAUST NOTE GOES I THINK IT SOUNDS JUST RIGHT BUT I DON'T DRIVE MY CARS THAT MUCH. J.D. THAT IS SO FUNNY THAT YOU HAVE NEVER TURNED ON THE RADIO OR PUT A CD IN ON YOUR CAR! YOU SHOULD FIND OUT IF IT WORKS!!!

Topic author
02WS6

Post by 02WS6 »

Alright, I appreciate it. And I'll definetly be taking you up on that mats offer if I go through with it. You're right about the ash tray plaque also. It does not have that either.

Unfortunatly, my fears were confirmed this afternoon. I got an email with the pictures of the door panels I had requested and both have the cracks beginning to form :,(

That was my biggest concern. If this doesn't stop me dead in my tracks, does anyone have any clue of how to go about repairing them?

GMMG ZL1 41
Site Admin

Post by GMMG ZL1 41 »

THE PRICE IS RIGHT BUT YOU CAN SEE THERE IS SOME WORK TO BE DONE. JIM SMITH TOLD ME THAT THOSE CRACKED DOOR PANELS ARE NOT CHEAP TO FIX!! LET US KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!

Topic author
02WS6

Post by 02WS6 »

Yea, I'm not quite sure where to start with it. I guess we'll see what happens if I decide to fly out in two weeks. It really comes down to making the numbers work with the problems that need to be addressed for the next owner.

GMMGBlackbird32

Post by GMMGBlackbird32 »

Dear 02WS6,

I contacted David a little over a month ago pertaining to this car. It all depends on what you are looking for. I am wanting to add another Blackbird to my stable, but preferring a phase 2 Blackbird. I personally like the Blackbird (original 50) plus the prototypes. This car seems like it is in good condition. The idea that it is a Year One edition 1 of 10 makes it pretty cool. Keep in mind all of these cars are the two shades of Silver with the special Year One badging along with Blackbird. The miles are alittle higher than I would prefer but if you plan to drive it some, meaning 3k-5k miles a year this may not be a big concern for you. It is still below daily driver type mileage. There have only been a few for sale, this one and the NBM up in Connecticut. This car does appear stock which I think you should aim towards since they are only original once and should help keep the value higher. On any of these cars make sure you get the documentation, car cover, key fobs and it has all the extras such as GMMG emblems, GMMG window sticks and history.

I bought my Blackbird car #32 back in 2008 just before the market and cars started to get impacted by the economy. I did get my car appraised for collector car insurance and it was much higher than the price I paid for the car. Once you own one you will never need to worry about having many CD's to listen too. The chambered exhaust and engine tune are music to anyone's ears. You will find once you own one of these just how few are out there and that many do not know what they are at a show.

Regards,

Matt

GMMG Blackbird car #32

Blackbird34
Site Admin

Post by Blackbird34 »

The best way to "fix" the cracked door panels is to find a set from a low mile donor car. I have seen nice un-cracked sets on Ebay go for between $600-800 dollars. If you try to epoxy the crack shut you will always have a line where the crack is at best. Removing the door panels is really quite easy. I have had mine off to check for stress marks on the back side of the panel and it only takes 20 minutes per side to remove them.

If the car can be bought for $20K and it needs $2-4K to get it back into nice condition... it is in my opinion still a good buy. By just taking the time to completely detail it will make a huge difference!

Topic author
02WS6

Post by 02WS6 »

I really appreciate the info guys :) Everything you're saying is really helping me make my decision. I'll be calling David probably some time tomorrow to discuss everything. I talked to JD earlier and he had a wealth of info to share with me. (And it turns out he bought the Intimidator that I ended up backing out on; small world!)

But I will definetly keep everyone posted. I may need help (if I decide to move on the BB), though, on where to sell my perfect WS6? I sell cars at the local Chrysler dealer when I'm not in school, but I've only learned how to buy specialty vehicles not sell then :?

Blackbird34
Site Admin

Post by Blackbird34 »

Keep in mind....everyone has a different idea of what "perfect" or "mint" condition is. I sold my loaded 2002 WS6 with 2500 miles on it a few a years ago for $24.5K to a guy in CA. I would have called that car perfect. EVERY inch of that car had been detailed. The engine, complete underside, brakes, hell I even polished the driveshaft! :oops: It had never been wet and still smelled brand new inside.

I don't mean to take away from your car at all. Just saying...

I would list the car on Autotrader or CarsOnline. Post plenty of quality pictures and give a nice honest description of it. It will sell.

Topic author
02WS6

Post by 02WS6 »

Wow, thats an impressive number. And yes, I know perfect is different for everyone but I have a lot of confidence in my car. I'm sure everyone thinks of perfect differently but every show, I've put in it thus far, has scored it between a 98-100/100. I dont know if that says much but I was picky when I was looking for it. I just love the idea of a GMMG car, so I guess we'll see.

And I guess Autotrader will be the route I choose at this point...

Topic author
02WS6

Post by 02WS6 »

Hey everyone,

Thought id let y'all know I'm still waiting on pictures from the owner in order to help make my decision. Fortunately, I have a few interested parties with my car. But I thought I'd throw this out there: if I don't end up buying this Year One BB, I'm going to just wait until a SOM BB comes up for sale. First and foremost, would anyone know the owners of these few cars (don't see many of them on this board) and if any of them have considered selling?

Again, I appreciate all the help :D