Welcome to the new GMMG Registry forum! Hopefully this new forum should be easier for everyone to register, login, navigate, and post! :)

**GMMG Birds Wanted**

Looking for a GMMG car? Let others here on this forum board know what you're looking for. IF YOU BUY OR SELL A CAR AS A RESULT OF INFORMATION OBTAINED IN THIS FORUM OR FROM ASSISTANCE FROM THE GMMG REGISTRY MANAGEMENT TEAM, WE ASK FOR A 1/2% OF 1% CONTRIBUTION OF THE SALE OR PURCHASE PRICE TO THE GMMG REGISTRY TO ASSIST WITH CONTINUING OPERATIONAL EXPENSES OF THE GMMG REGISTRY AND WEBSITE MAINTENANCE.

BlackBirdCrowe

Post by BlackBirdCrowe »

BLACKBIRD FOR SALE!!!!! 2002 Pontiac Trans Am Black Bird #40!!!!!!!

Hello Guys! I am new to the forum and noticed your posts about looking for a blackbird for sale. Well the time has come and one is finally for sale!! My dad is the current owner of the Black Bird #40 w/ 27,700 miles and he is looking to sell it. On the GMMG page under the owners index it has it listed as a salvage title. I wanted to let you all know that there was never a salvage title, but I can't get anyone to change it. I guess ill have to keep trying. The car was however repainted. I attached an image below I do have many more so if your interested please just let me know! We are asking $37,000 OBO. The car is in Immaculate condition has only be driven once since the repaint was trailed everywhere else! If you are interested in the Vehicle please message me! Offers like this don't come around often!!!

daytonajim
Site Admin
Vehicle: Many GMMG's

Post by daytonajim »

Hi:

I posted a couple of photos on the Registry. I am copying JD & Jim Simon on this post so they have the correct info.

http://www.gmmgregistry.com/id73.html

Are you aware that Blackbird Badges are available on the Forum? Contact JD.

I am adding to your post on the Forum about the salvage title & let me explain.

When I was @ GMMG in 2010 going through all of Matt’s files & records there was a note in the file that your car had been wrecked & had a salvage title.

I checked two sources today after seeing your post on the Forum & your title is clean.

Two owners – 1st owner had 8 years & 9 months – 2nd owner has it 2+ years with about 27k miles.

First of all ---- I want to personally apologize to you & your dad. This is the information I had from Matt. There is no way for me to reconstruct this BUT I know #41 was totaled & maybe Matt put the note in the wrong file???

Second: I will change my files.

Third: I will post on the Forum, apologize & do what I can to make it right.

Again, I go with the information that I have that has been provided by Matt & the owners & am sorry for any problems. I do my best to get it right but sometimes new information surfaces.

I hope this will clear things up for everyone.

Have a great day.

Jim Smith

GMMG Registry
Dick Harrell # 9, 18 (Organic Green) #27 (Vic Edlebrock's) - Bobby Labonte Blackbird #38 - Johnny Benson Berger SS #72 - PE Brickyard PR1 (red) - DHPE#4 Brickyard - silver - DEI #54 - 3 of 4 'real' 2000 Daytona 500 GTP Pace Cars

BlackBirdCrowe

Post by BlackBirdCrowe »

Thank You Jim very much I appreciate all the help! Yes that title history is correct. The 2nd title holders were good friends of my father and the owners of the body shop which my dad works and all the work was done. So the upkeep of the car has been very very well since the original owners.

Topic author
02WS6

Post by 02WS6 »

Hey guys,

I haven't talked to y'all in awhile, but the year one blackbird officially did not work out. It was rough around the edges as we were all aware. With that being said, I just couldn't justify the pricing. However, I wanted to let all of you know that the information I received and people I talked to did not go to waste. I definitely learned a lot. I am changing my search process, though. I will be open to see any birds that come on to the market but my main focus will be on obtaining a Sunset Orange Metallic blackbird. Please, let me know if you know of any one of the SOM cars. Again, I appreciate all the help. And for now, I'll continue to watch the market and listen to everyone's input.

Sincerely,

Rob