Welcome to the new GMMG Registry forum! Hopefully this new forum should be easier for everyone to register, login, navigate, and post! :)

2015 GMMG Gathering @ Camaro Nationals is a GO!

Post upcoming events such as car shows and other events that would be of interest to the forum membership.

68 RSSS Ragtop
Vehicle: BB#30

Post by 68 RSSS Ragtop »

@daytonajim wrote:Table & a few extra chairs

Berger Banner ...l. I know Frank SS 57 has one

Does anyone have a GMMg Banner?

Cooler with water

Please add to the list & if you can bring something post it.

What else?????

What do you think about dinner somewhere Friday evening with other GMMG owners?

I expect Matt Berger & Scott Settlemire will be around + others.

If anyone can track Matt Murphy down please invite him. I haven't talked to him in years.

Jim

Friday Night is the dinner and charity auction. I'm not leaving until Sunday morning, so a Saturday night dinner with anyone staying around would be great.

I'll be bringing the car show standard equipment: Sunblock, folding chairs & table, coolers, 10x10 tent. (Not sure how they feel about grills?)
"A Camaro looks like it can kick your ass, A Firebird looks like it's coming to do it." :lol:

68 RSSS Ragtop

Post by 68 RSSS Ragtop »

The events tent people are Totally Tents. I contacted them and we can get a 20' x 50' (Big enough for 5 cars) for $600 including delivery & setup. So, $120 a person if we have 5 takers. I'm in for 1. Anyone else??
"A Camaro looks like it can kick your ass, A Firebird looks like it's coming to do it." :lol:

Topic author
daytonajim
Site Admin
Vehicle: Many GMMG's

Post by daytonajim »

My understanding with Bud was that all GMMG's (including BB's) would be able to park together.

I'm working on a clarification on this with Bud. All GMMG can park together.

More to follow.

BB's are most welcome.

Jim
Dick Harrell # 9, 18 (Organic Green) #27 (Vic Edlebrock's) - Bobby Labonte Blackbird #38 - Johnny Benson Berger SS #72 - PE Brickyard PR1 (red) - DHPE#4 Brickyard - silver - DEI #54 - 3 of 4 'real' 2000 Daytona 500 GTP Pace Cars

Blackbird34
Site Admin

Post by Blackbird34 »

@68 RS/SS Ragtop wrote:@daytonajim wrote:Table & a few extra chairs

I'd have to say BBQ grills are frowned

Cooler with water

What else?????

If anyone can track Matt Murphy down please invite him. I haven't talked to him in years.

Jim

Friday Night is the dinner and charity auction. I'm not leaving until Sunday morning, so a Saturday night dinner with anyone staying around would be great.

I'll be bringing the car show standard equipment: Sunblock, folding chairs & table, coolers, 10x10 tent. (Not sure how they feel about grills?)

I'd have to say BBQ grills are frowned upon. I wouldn't want greasy smoke blowing towards the interior or exterior of my car.... :o

68 RSSS Ragtop

Post by 68 RSSS Ragtop »

@Blackbird34 wrote:@68 RS/SS Ragtop wrote:@daytonajim wrote:Table & a few extra chairs

I'd have to say BBQ grills are frowned

Cooler with water

What else?????

Jim

I'd have to say BBQ grills are frowned upon. I wouldn't want greasy smoke blowing towards the interior or exterior of my car.... :o

I hear you there Aaron. :shock: For some reason I was thinking out by truck parking/picnic area.

So Anyone even going to this?? Buhler? Buhler? chirp, chirp(crickets)

Based on the parking sitch- Display vs. Entry moving vehicle hassle, Tent/display apathy, I'm really starting to not feel it.

Topic author
daytonajim
Site Admin

Post by daytonajim »

Jim,

Some of the communications are getting a little confused. Bob wanted to do several things and I tried to work with him. That seems to have gotten very confused. Bob is going to have to be a little flexible with his 3 cars. I told him I would do the best I can. I have an entire show to set up. All the GMMG cars will be parked in he same location on the Showfield. I said that from the very beginning. Right now people are asking me questions I can't answer. We don't know how many cars are coming so it's hard to do any arranging. I still have not heard if you are going to have a tent, this is another loose end. Everyone wants their car inside, why doesn't GMMG rent one of the buildings But than again they may not all fit. We get back to how many cars are coming.

from Jim................ Will someone out east take the lead on this & work with Bud & registered cars?
Dick Harrell # 9, 18 (Organic Green) #27 (Vic Edlebrock's) - Bobby Labonte Blackbird #38 - Johnny Benson Berger SS #72 - PE Brickyard PR1 (red) - DHPE#4 Brickyard - silver - DEI #54 - 3 of 4 'real' 2000 Daytona 500 GTP Pace Cars

68 RSSS Ragtop

Post by 68 RSSS Ragtop »

@daytonajim wrote:Jim,

Some of the communications are getting a little confused. Bob wanted to do several things and I tried to work with him. That seems to have gotten very confused. Bob is going to have to be a little flexible with his 3 cars. I told him I would do the best I can. I have an entire show to set up. All the GMMG cars will be parked in he same location on the Showfield. I said that from the very beginning. Right now people are asking me questions I can't answer. We don't know how many cars are coming so it's hard to do any arranging. I still have not heard if you are going to have a tent, this is another loose end. Everyone wants their car inside, why doesn't GMMG rent one of the buildings But than again they may not all fit. We get back to how many cars are coming.

from Jim................ Will someone out east take the lead on this & work with Bud & registered cars?

Sorry, but I beg to differ with the above. I tried to do 1 thing and offered several solutions. I was told, since my car was a FireBird,

1. The car would not be entered in the GMMG catagory number we were told to use for registration.

2. The car would need to go to the Firebird Section and when the judging was done I could move to the GMMG display(Sure all the GMMG's will be parked together, after I move back and forth).

3. Based on the map on the site I requested certain areas to keep my cars together close to the display. My mistake for not realizing the posted map was for the event 3 years ago. Told it's not possible to have 3 cars together.

Tried to take the lead for getting a tent(From the East- The Middle East), looks like that's not going to happen. Good luck getting a building.(Hey we're having a big reunion for your cars, it will be the highlight of our show, btw were not going to do anything for you other than throw you in the middle of a dirt field- great hosting)

I only wanted to go to the show and hang out near the GMMG display with my 3 cars(1 Thing), wasn't interested in who gets the biggest trophy, didn't realize I was asking too much. Based on the Above, I'm out. Have fun, be sure to take pictures and post up about the event. Maybe see y'all next year. Jim, you want my reservation at the Hotel? LMK by tomorrow before I cancel it.

Topic author
daytonajim
Site Admin

Post by daytonajim »

I planned to share a room with Bob B (BB #30) & he has cancelled.

I am taking Bob's room @ Holiday Inn RSK - $109/night.

Anyone want to split a room?

I plan to fly in to Baltimore on the 25th & rent a car.

Jim Smith

715-529-0898

68 RSSS Ragtop

Post by 68 RSSS Ragtop »

@daytonajim wrote:I planned to share a room with Bob B (BB #30) & he has cancelled.

Any ideas where I can get a room close to the venue?

Anyone want to split a room?

I plan to fly in to Baltimore on the 25th & rent a car.

Jim Smith

715-529-0898

Original Message

To: bobbyshbby

Sent: Wed, Oct 29, 2014 2:23 pm

Subject: RE: 2015 Camaro Nationals Reservations

I have made a reservation for you under confirmation number 69068187 for the Camaro Show on June 25th –June 28th. Thank you.

THIS RESERVATION IS STILL OPEN IF ANYONE WANTS TO ASSUME IT- It is the show sponsored Holiday Inn.

Topic author
daytonajim
Site Admin

Post by daytonajim »

I'll take the room. Jim Smith

I called Holiday Inn. My flight & car rental are booked.

If anyone wants to share a room we can split the cost.