Welcome to the new GMMG Registry forum! Hopefully this new forum should be easier for everyone to register, login, navigate, and post! :)

Blackbird 2002 question

PRIVATE - For discusssions, questions and assistance regarding technical/mechanical issues with GMMG cars.

Topic author
tfichtel01

Post by tfichtel01 »

I've had my BB 13 Anniversary Edition for 2 months and love it. My problem is the rt rear shock and/or spring. (cutting tire) need info for best fix

4th Gen Camaro Addict

Post by 4th Gen Camaro Addict »

I moved this topic from "Member Introductions" to the "GMMG Car Owners Technical" forum because it is "more appropriate" here.

The problem "might not" be your shock at all. My ZL-1 Supercar has done the same thing on the left rear and the fender lip actually needs to be "rolled" because of the offset of the wheel and the width of the tire. A good body shop can do this for you and I'm betting that this solves the problem.

Please post up picures of your car so we can all see it. A program like photobucket or snapfish works best. :D

Blackbird34
Site Admin

Post by Blackbird34 »

First off ...WELCOME! Its GREAT to have another Blackbird owner here.

J.D. is probably exactly right about the fender rolling. Its also possible it could be the bump stops are rotted away and when you hit a good road bump it makes contact and cuts the tire.