Welcome to the new GMMG Registry forum! Hopefully this new forum should be easier for everyone to register, login, navigate, and post! :)

HAS ANYONE PUT ON THIER GMMG OR BLACKBIRD BADGES?

PRIVATE - Forum for GMMG Car Owners ONLY ! ! !

Topic author
GMMG ZL1 41
Site Admin

Post by GMMG ZL1 41 »

JUST COURIOUS IF ANYONE HAS PUT ON THIER BLACKBIRD BADGES. WOULD LIKE TO SEE SOME PICS IF YOU HAVE THEM. I KNOW J.D. HAS PUT ON ONE OF HIS GMMG EMBLEMS ON HIS INTIMIDATOR.

68 RSSS Ragtop
Vehicle: BB#30

Post by 68 RSSS Ragtop »

Mine are still in the shipping bag.
"A Camaro looks like it can kick your ass, A Firebird looks like it's coming to do it." :lol:

Topic author
GMMG ZL1 41
Site Admin

Post by GMMG ZL1 41 »

Yeah mine too. I know Mike (CETA #4) didn't have any on his car but he did buy some emblems. Mine are just back ups.

CETABlackbird4

Post by CETABlackbird4 »

I ordered Blackbird emblems. Had trouble putting them on the sides, almost lost one, so put them away for now. The nose emblem is on and staying in place. I'll try again to do the side ones in the spring (if it ever comes!).

Mike

4th Gen Camaro Addict

Post by 4th Gen Camaro Addict »

@CETABlackbird4 wrote:I ordered Blackbird emblems. Had trouble putting them on the sides, almost lost one, so put them away for now. The nose emblem is on and staying in place. I'll try again to do the side ones in the spring (if it ever comes!).

Mike

Mike.......................I don't know whether you did this or not......................but before you try "sticking" the badge to the car, you should first use rubbing alcohol to clean the area to remove any wax, etc. Then I would suggest that you use a hand held hair blow dryer to heat up the area of the car where you are going to stick it PLUS heat up the adhesive on the back of the badge. Then stick the badge to the hood or fender and again use the hair blow dryer to heat everything up. Allow it to cool off and it should be "cemented" in place.

That's what I did when I applied the GMMG rear metal badge to my Intimidator SS (pictured above) and it's certainly "stuck down" after doing what I just described above. :D

Topic author
GMMG ZL1 41
Site Admin

Post by GMMG ZL1 41 »

That is good info J.D.! I may be helping Marji put her Blackbird emblems on! Jim told me something similar to this.

CETABlackbird4

Post by CETABlackbird4 »

Thanks, JD, for the tips for putting on the blackbird badges.

Mike