Welcome to the new GMMG Registry forum! Hopefully this new forum should be easier for everyone to register, login, navigate, and post! :)

WTB ONE OVAL TIP, SEE PIC INSIDE...

PRIVATE - Owner to Owner parts wanted forum.

Topic author
Damien Scott

Post by Damien Scott »

I had the pleasure of watching one of my tips fly off and almost hit another car in my rear view mirror this morning. I have never seen a tip that broke at the weld, I could understand if the clamp was loose or something. As you can see the clamp and ass end of the tip is still there. This did not start my day off well. I know there are sets for sale on eBay, any chance one of you guys have an extra laying around you don't mind parting with? Let me know, thanks.

Blackbird34
Site Admin

Post by Blackbird34 »

Damien call Stainless Specialties and ask for John. If he is not in, call back when he is. 1-423-728-3300. They were the original supplier for the GMMG wide oval tips. He might just sell you one? A new matching set would look better though and he charges $170 for a set of tips verses Hawk's on Ebay that is marking them up considerably. (Hawk's buys them from John) Just make sure to tell him you need the GMMG SPECIFIC wide oval tip. Its a 8" body length with 2 1/2" ID inlets. Also tell him you are not welding them on but are using a accuseal clamp so the inlets need to be slotted for the clamp to tighten correctly.

I have a original spare set but I'm not parting with them ;) Let me know if you need any more help. I would be careful driving the car with that tip off. Its likely shooting very hot exhaust on the rear plastic valance....

Topic author
Damien Scott

Post by Damien Scott »

Wow Aaron, thank you. You are quite resourceful my friend. I actually walked against traffic on the highway when I got off work today and tracked it down. I will get a temporary fix and also order some new ones. Thanks again for the info.