Welcome to the new GMMG Registry forum! Hopefully this new forum should be easier for everyone to register, login, navigate, and post! :)

Goodyear Eagle F1 GS Availability?

PRIVATE - Owner to Owner parts wanted forum.

Topic author
Carrotop79

Post by Carrotop79 »

Well the good news is my tires are still holding up well and have lots of tread left; however, they are original and being 13 years old is not a good thing for a tire. The bad news is, there is a National Backorder for the GS's with a projected build date of Jan. 14'. Does anyone have any spares or know of a "stash" somewhere? I will gladly pay the premium they deserve if found.

I am trying to keep the car original BUT I do want to be safe on the road. (Very few miles will be driven, but you never know).

I hate to buy different tires, but I guess the next best thing would be the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric.

Thanks all.

GMMG ZL1 41
Site Admin

Post by GMMG ZL1 41 »

I SEE YOUR POINT. IT WOULD BE WEIRD TO HAVE DIFFERENT TIRES ON THESE CARS.

Topic author
Carrotop79

Post by Carrotop79 »

Agreed. Ebay has 2 used ones for sale and I guess thats better than the current ones. And of course all the online sites and local stores want $$ before ordering and thats a big hit for the ole wallet at $350 a tire.

4th Gen Camaro Addict

Post by 4th Gen Camaro Addict »

I disagree guys. It makes no difference at all. People understand that tires age and eventually in some cases...........wear out. The only GMMG car (in my opinion) that it would make any difference on is the ZL-1 Supercars since Matt Murphy got approval from Goodyear to use their model name and script off of the Goodyear F1 Supercar tires that he used on the 2002 ZL-1 Supercars.

Topic author
Carrotop79

Post by Carrotop79 »

JD, in trying to preserve the "original" build of the car, wouldn't putting the original brand/make/model of tire back on make sense? I suppose it is owner preference. I guess it really doesn't matter because I cant find them anywhere! I will go with the Asymmetric GY's and wait 6 months on the GS's. As we have talked before JD, I have had many a "regular" SS and that wouldn't be a problem, but in my mind, these cars shouldn't be changed or upgraded from initial intent.

Thanks as always for the input

4th Gen Camaro Addict

Post by 4th Gen Camaro Addict »

Again Matt......................................"IN MY OPINION"........................it really doesn't matter. If I were purchasing the car..................it wouldn't matter to me whether it had the original model tires on it or not (unless it were a 2002 ZL-1 Supercar). Watch cars that go across the block at Mecum or Barrett-Jackson................more times than not............they don't have the original model tire that came on them because a lot of times......................the model of tire isn't produced anymore. Matt again.......................it's just "my opinion"......................but I don't think it matters. If you can find the orginal model Goodyear tire and put them on...........................that's cool but if you can't.......................what are you gonna do? :D

Topic author
Carrotop79

Post by Carrotop79 »

Decided to go with the other Goodyears for now, then when the originals are built again, purchase them. Thanks again!!

68 RSSS Ragtop
Vehicle: BB#30

Post by 68 RSSS Ragtop »

Old topic but for those seeking info - No longer made. Closest thing new is Eagle F1 AS- All Season with a W rating, not Y like original. There are still some ultra performance tires that are quite close to the original super car tires available, but those aren't being made any more either.
"A Camaro looks like it can kick your ass, A Firebird looks like it's coming to do it." :lol: