Welcome to the new GMMG Registry forum! Hopefully this new forum should be easier for everyone to register, login, navigate, and post! :)

2014 Chicago Muscle Car Show - Nov. 22 & 23 - Rosemont, IL

Post upcoming events such as car shows and other events that would be of interest to the forum membership.

Topic author
daytonajim
Site Admin
Vehicle: Many GMMG's

Post by daytonajim »

A number of GMMG owners are going Saturday Nov 22 @ 9 am

Join us if you can.

We are planning on lunch somewhere.

I have one extra discounted ticket available..... $20 vs. $25 at the door. Let me know if you want it.

Call my cell is 715-529-0898 & we can meet up - Jim Smith

Info @

http://www.mcacn.com/features.htm
Dick Harrell # 9, 18 (Organic Green) #27 (Vic Edlebrock's) - Bobby Labonte Blackbird #38 - Johnny Benson Berger SS #72 - PE Brickyard PR1 (red) - DHPE#4 Brickyard - silver - DEI #54 - 3 of 4 'real' 2000 Daytona 500 GTP Pace Cars

Topic author
daytonajim
Site Admin

Post by daytonajim »

Attended Saturday.... Photos when I get home in a week.

Talked with Ken Barnhart ...GMMG ZL1 #16...... Very interesting......

Ken is still drag racing hi ps 1969 ZL1 #16 @ age 79.

He was born 4/16

2002 ZL1 # 16 only has about 600 miles on it.

He also bought the GM '427' Anniversary engine #16

He likes the #16.

Saw Tim (bought back SS #76).....NBM....I sold it to Mike Paige & Mike sold it back to Tim.....around 10k miles now.

Visited with Dennis Barker, Stefano from NICKEY, Charley Lillard & others..... A great show in Chicago.

Dick Harrell # 9, 18 (Organic Green) #27 (Vic Edlebrock's) - Bobby Labonte Blackbird #38 - Johnny Benson Berger SS #72 - PE Brickyard PR1 (red) - DHPE#4 Brickyard - silver - DEI #54 - 3 of 4 'real' 2000 Daytona 500 GTP Pace Cars

Shmitty10

Post by Shmitty10 »

Was also there, Aaron was un able to make it after I contacted him when I got there. Tried calling you Jim but unfornitely think I called your home phone instead of cell! Great show and was hoping to talk with Ken, Dennis, and Stefano, but all seemed very busy with others and didn't get a chance to. Still met a few new people on other muscle cars and hope to keep this trend going!

Blackbird34
Site Admin

Post by Blackbird34 »

@Shmitty10 wrote:Was also there, Aaron was un able to make it after I contacted him when I got there. Tried calling you Jim but unfornitely think I called your home phone instead of cell! Great show and was hoping to talk with Ken, Dennis, and Stefano, but all seemed very busy with others and didn't get a chance to. Still met a few new people on other muscle cars and hope to keep this trend going!

Glad you enjoyed the show Chad. Very sorry I gave you the wrong number!!

Blackbird34
Site Admin

Post by Blackbird34 »

Hot Rod Magazine also covered the event.

http://www.hotrod.com/events/coverage/1 ... -nationals

Topic author
daytonajim
Site Admin

Post by daytonajim »

Thanks for sharing Aaron.