Introduce yourself here and tell us whether you own a GMMG car or whether you still dreaming of owning a GMMG car.

Topic author
wake00

Post by wake00 »

New member here from Louisiana… our family has been collecting cars for many years and over time acquired cars that we felt were rare an collectible. We currently own the following GMMG cars:

- 1999 Dale Earnhardt, Jr. Edition Prototype- Phase IIX6 525hp

- 2001 Berger SS- 380hp

- 2002 Berger SS- Phase II 435hp (Johnny Benson car)

- 2002 (Berger) 35th Anniv. Performance Edition convertible- 350hp

- 2002 Dick Harrell Edition- 400hp (1969 Garnet Red)

In addition, we also have a few classic Corvettes… including a ’59 “Fuelie”, ’64 Triple Crown winning coupe, and ’67 427 convertible. Our ’59 Corvette is currently on display at the National Corvette Museum.

This hobby has allowed us to meet a lot of great people. Thanks again to Jim and JD for the creation of this site. I think we need a resource like this for owners to share information.

NCGuy68

Post by NCGuy68 »

@wake00 wrote:New member here from Louisiana… our family has been collecting cars for many years and over time acquired cars that we felt were rare an collectible. We currently own the following GMMG cars:

- 1999 Dale Earnhardt, Jr. Edition Prototype- Phase IIX6 525hp

- 2001 Berger SS- 380hp

- 2002 Berger SS- Phase II 435hp (Johnny Benson car)

- 2002 (Berger) 35th Anniv. Performance Edition convertible- 350hp

- 2002 Dick Harrell Edition- 400hp (1969 Garnet Red)

In addition, we also have a few classic Corvettes… including a ’59 “Fuelie”, ’64 Triple Crown winning coupe, and ’67 427 convertible. Our ’59 Corvette is currently on display at the National Corvette Museum.

This hobby has allowed us to meet a lot of great people. Thanks again to Jim and JD for the creation of this site. I think we need a resource like this for owners to share information.

Nice collection of horsepower you have there fellow Southern Man.....I love that '59 Fuelie' Vette.... :clap:

I've been to the National 'Vette Museum several times and could spend 'Days' there just drooling over the Plastic Cars.

Something tells me there should be such a museum for the F-Body Sheet Metal cars as well........ :mrgreen:

Enjoy your cars........

super26

Post by super26 »

HOW MANY MILES ON THE BLUE BERGER ?? HARD TOP OR T-TOPS ?

daytonajim
Site Admin
Vehicle: Many GMMG's

Post by daytonajim »

I'm posting a few photos of the collection until the owner gets to it- I can remove them later - Jim

DH #13

Berger SS #39 (for sale)

Berger SS #72

PE #9

JR8

Dick Harrell # 9, 18 (Organic Green) #27 (Vic Edlebrock's) - Bobby Labonte Blackbird #38 - Johnny Benson Berger SS #72 - PE Brickyard PR1 (red) - DHPE#4 Brickyard - silver - DEI #54 - 3 of 4 'real' 2000 Daytona 500 GTP Pace Cars

Topic author
wake00

Post by wake00 »

Thanks Jim for posting the pictures... I still need to take a chance on posting a few!

The Blue #39 car is in the for sale section. It's my brother's car. I believe it has 60k miles.

Yes, it was a great honor to have the '59 in the museum. We can check on it whenever we want by checking out the webcam. It's the Snowcrest white car with the front blue top.

http://www.corvettemuseum.org/webcam/camera7.shtml

I think a Camaro museum would be great! The Corvette hobby has such a strong following but I know the F-body group does too. Hopefully one day they'll have something. I think the 5th gen cars helped. It seemed to reignite the interest in Camaros.

NCGuy68

Post by NCGuy68 »

@wake00 wrote:I think a Camaro museum would be great! The Corvette hobby has such a strong following but I know the F-body group does too. Hopefully one day they'll have something.

AMEN. All of us need to encourage Jim Smith to step foreward and build a F-Body/GMMG museum....... :D

I'll donate the land and everyone else chips-in with some $$$. ....... ;) I volunteer to be the 'Ticket Taker' and will watch over the entire collection. ....... :dance:

Alright Smith, lets 'Get er Done'!....... 8-)

daytonajim
Site Admin
Vehicle: Many GMMG's

Post by daytonajim »

Ticket Taker.........Like a Wal-Mart greeter?

This is a great idea. Maybe Scott Settlemire & GM will build it for us after we fall off the Financial Cliff Jan. 1st.

I'm in as long as I can add on to my showroom so I don't have so far to travel to see all the cars.

Jim
Dick Harrell # 9, 18 (Organic Green) #27 (Vic Edlebrock's) - Bobby Labonte Blackbird #38 - Johnny Benson Berger SS #72 - PE Brickyard PR1 (red) - DHPE#4 Brickyard - silver - DEI #54 - 3 of 4 'real' 2000 Daytona 500 GTP Pace Cars

NCGuy68

Post by NCGuy68 »

@daytonajim wrote:Ticket Taker.........Like a Wal-Mart greeter?

This is a great idea. Maybe Scott Settlemire & GM will build it for us after we fall off the Financial Cliff Jan. 1st.

I'm in as long as I can add on to my showroom so I don't have so far to travel to see all the cars.

Jim

YEP........I'll be the guy taking tickets and "ringing" the cash register. ........ :D We will NOT fall off any Fiancial Cliff because the Masses' want to see the "Top Shelf" GMMG cars...... :)

Let us ALL encourge Mr. Settlemire and GM to make this idea happen......... :mrgreen:

2002Z4CSS

Post by 2002Z4CSS »

Welcome! Bunch of nice cars you have. :)