Dedicated to Dale Earnhardt, Sr.

Discussion & questions regarding the Dale Earnhardt Chevrolet 2001 Intimidator SS Camaros.

Dabom75

Post by Dabom75 »

The year before Dale passed RCR sent his car to a company my uncle was manager of at the time.

They made custom interior panels for the car and then he and other employees went to Talladega to watch Dale test the car.

My uncle brought me a official RCR hat signed by Dale. He also signed a few other things for my uncle and the employees.

The closest I got to Dale was the last time he won at Talladega I worked security and sat behind his pit box all day I was actually near the wall a couple times when he came in for stops. Those cars are loud as hell and take off like a bullet. I got to shake his hand after the race when he left victory lane.

NCGuy68

Post by NCGuy68 »

Interesting info Brad and at least you got to shake Dale's hand - not many did after he reached 'Super Star' status!

Hard to believe its been almost 13 years since Dale passed away and yet to this day, people around the world know who Dale Sr. is/was. ... :clap:

He is a Icon now and as senator Jessie Helms once said, "He is a true American Hero". :greetings-clappingyellow:

2002Z4CSS

Post by 2002Z4CSS »

I have been to that dealer before on a Sunday. They were open on a Sunday and the sales people were watching a race live on TV. I picked up some licence plates and decals for the garage. :)

NCGuy68

Post by NCGuy68 »

@2002Z4CSS wrote:I have been to that dealer before on a Sunday. They were open on a Sunday and the sales people were watching a race live on TV. I picked up some licence plates and decals for the garage. :)

Not surprising at all considering Earnhardt Chevrolet is deep in Nascar country and not far from Charlotte Motor Speedway which is actually in Concord, NC about 20 miles north of the city of Charlotte. My guess is that about 75% of the TV sets in NC are tuned to a Nascar Cup race on any given sunday.

What a lot of folks in other parts of our Great Nation don't realize is that here in NC, the schools still teach the three 'Rs'.

Reading, Rriting and Racing!...... :auto-driving: :auto-layrubber: :auto-iroc: :auto-swerve:

Topic author
daytonajim
Site Admin
Vehicle: Many GMMG's

Post by daytonajim »

Hey Jim,

I've had these 2 Youtube clips of Dale for a number of years and forgot about them. Could you please post them in the Dedicated To Dale thread that you started, I can't seem to get it right. These are the titles of the 2 videos:

1. "1998 Daytona 500: Congratulations on pit road'

2. 1998 Daytona 500: Victory lane celebration"

Thanks and enjoy your cars.

Craig

How's this Craig?.................

[youtube:3fbqq2tl][/youtube:3fbqq2tl]

I also found this video - Tribute to Dale........Jim

Dick Harrell # 9, 18 (Organic Green) #27 (Vic Edlebrock's) - Bobby Labonte Blackbird #38 - Johnny Benson Berger SS #72 - PE Brickyard PR1 (red) - DHPE#4 Brickyard - silver - DEI #54 - 3 of 4 'real' 2000 Daytona 500 GTP Pace Cars

NCGuy68

Post by NCGuy68 »

Perfect Jim!... :greetings-clappingorange: And Thanks for the extra Dale Tribute viedo...... :mrgreen: