Welcome to the new GMMG Registry forum! Hopefully this new forum should be easier for everyone to register, login, navigate, and post! :)

#1976 Pewter Hot Rod

Discussion & questions regarding the Berger Chevrolet Hot Rod Magazine Camaros.

Topic author
Berger 93

Post by Berger 93 »

Missed the car number:

daytonajim
Site Admin
Vehicle: Many GMMG's

#1976 Pewter Hot Rod

Post by daytonajim »

Only 2 Pewter HRE T-Tops were built. (Plus 2 Pewter Converts)
1976cc.jpg
1976cc.jpg (2.6 KiB) Viewed 1863 times

If it's a 360hp it is #1976 - FLA car (Your photo is of #1976??) - note hood
Last edited by daytonajim on Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dick Harrell # 9, 18 (Organic Green) #27 (Vic Edlebrock's) - Bobby Labonte Blackbird #38 - Johnny Benson Berger SS #72 - PE Brickyard PR1 (red) - DHPE#4 Brickyard - silver - DEI #54 - 3 of 4 'real' 2000 Daytona 500 GTP Pace Cars

2002Z4CSS

Post by 2002Z4CSS »

Was this the Hot Rod that had been damaged on the Hot Rod Power Tour?

35thanniversaryphil

Post by 35thanniversaryphil »

Hey guys, I see that this car was rated at 360HP but what was the torque rating for it?

hawkman

Post by hawkman »

Hi Guys, My name is Mike and I own the 1976 Hot Rod Test Car. I'm down in Florida and I flew up to Berger Chevrolet back in 2005 to pick up this piece of history. Yes this was the car that was damaged on the 2003 power tour. The guys from Hot Rod Magazine were driving the car when they had the mishap with it. A drive shaft from a Garbage truck fell off and they ran it over! There were many diffrent versions on what really happened The car was towed back to Berger and repairs were done there. The damage was confined to the underside of the car. The transmission was damaged and the right rear sea pan was damaged . Both idems were replaced. They did a great job in replacing the seat pan and you cann't even tell anything was changed. The car has been in many 1000 point shows and scored in the high 990s. Ecklers Winter Nationals down here in the Orlando area and F-body gathering when they were doing the 1000 pt. shows. This car was in the McCormick Place show in Chicago before I owned it. I've had the car in the Orlando convention center for the new car show exhibit. The car is totally stock from GMMG, no changes have been done to it except for the wheels. When I picked up the car from Berger, all the wheels were rusted from sitting out in the weather. Matt Berger told them to put new ones on. They are a bit diffrent from all the other Hot Rods, but are craiggers. By the way I also have a 2001 Black Firehawk, 6sp. T-top. It too is stock from SLP. I hope I've answered any questions that may have been out there on my Hot Rod Test Car #1976

4th Gen Camaro Addict

Post by 4th Gen Camaro Addict »

Mike..................welcome to the forum board. I have requested some information from you. When you have time, please send me the information that I have requested from you. :D

Thanks ! ! ! !

2002Z4CSS

Post by 2002Z4CSS »

@hawkman wrote:Hi Guys, My name is Mike and I own the 1976 Hot Rod Test Car. I'm down in Florida and I flew up to Berger Chevrolet back in 2005 to pick up this piece of history. Yes this was the car that was damaged on the 2003 power tour. The guys from Hot Rod Magazine were driving the car when they had the mishap with it. A drive shaft from a Garbage truck fell off and they ran it over! There were many diffrent versions on what really happened The car was towed back to Berger and repairs were done there. The damage was confined to the underside of the car. The transmission was damaged and the right rear sea pan was damaged . Both idems were replaced. They did a great job in replacing the seat pan and you cann't even tell anything was changed. The car has been in many 1000 point shows and scored in the high 990s. Ecklers Winter Nationals down here in the Orlando area and F-body gathering when they were doing the 1000 pt. shows. This car was in the McCormick Place show in Chicago before I owned it. I've had the car in the Orlando convention center for the new car show exhibit. The car is totally stock from GMMG, no changes have been done to it except for the wheels. When I picked up the car from Berger, all the wheels were rusted from sitting out in the weather. Matt Berger told them to put new ones on. They are a bit diffrent from all the other Hot Rods, but are craiggers. By the way I also have a 2001 Black Firehawk, 6sp. T-top. It too is stock from SLP. I hope I've answered any questions that may have been out there on my Hot Rod Test Car #1976

Great car! I personally looked at it inside and out after the Power Tour. I took pictures of it too but don't know where they are since I moved. Even the center floor console was jacked way up in the air from the floor pan damage.

daytonajim
Site Admin
Vehicle: Many GMMG's

#1976 Pewter Hot Rod @ GMMG 2009

Post by daytonajim »

1976HRES.jpg
1976HRES.jpg (72.73 KiB) Viewed 1864 times
1976StPete.jpg
1976StPete.jpg (60.28 KiB) Viewed 1864 times
Test
Test
16FBodyGathering.jpg (79.22 KiB) Viewed 1864 times
16Fbody.jpg
16Fbody.jpg (83.72 KiB) Viewed 1864 times

Enjoy. Jim

Power Tour - blew driveshaft out in FLA
DS
DS
1976HREPewter (7).jpg (139.73 KiB) Viewed 1864 times
Dick Harrell # 9, 18 (Organic Green) #27 (Vic Edlebrock's) - Bobby Labonte Blackbird #38 - Johnny Benson Berger SS #72 - PE Brickyard PR1 (red) - DHPE#4 Brickyard - silver - DEI #54 - 3 of 4 'real' 2000 Daytona 500 GTP Pace Cars