Welcome to the new GMMG Registry forum! Hopefully this new forum should be easier for everyone to register, login, navigate, and post! :)

Beware - #21 BB was black - not silver

Discussion & questions regarding any cool car a member might own or is interested in.

Topic author
daytonajim
Site Admin
Vehicle: Many GMMG's

Post by daytonajim »

May 13, 2014

Dear daytonajim00,

Blackbird #21 was black. Unfortunally it was totaled. Someone is showing a silver car as BB #21 and it is not a Blackbird. Thanks, Greg

Photo of FAKE - NOT REAL BB #21 that is silver. The owner wants everyone to believe it's a real BB. It IS NOT!

If you ever see this car set the owner straight - I hate imposters. FAKE - FAKE - FAKE - Jim Smith

From Greg - May 13, 2014.........

Hi Jim, sorry for all of the misspelling in the previous email. I typed it out in a hurry. The car was wrecked when I picked up my son from his high school shop class. He wanted to show the car to his friends and mechanic shop class teacher. The kids wanted me to do a burnout and I told them that I wasn't going to do this. Little did I know that one of the kids had poured half a quart of motor oil on the right back tire in hopes that if I agreed to the burnout, it would produce more smoke. When we left and I shifted into 2nd gear, the car spun out of control of a cliff. The kid confessed two days later and we did not file charges because no one got hurt too bad and he was a senior about to graduate. This would have given him a criminal record and he would not have been able to get into college. Really sucked, but at least the insurance company paid me more than I paid for the car in the settlement, due to the fact the only resale at the time was to a museum and sold for more than sticker price. Let me know if you need anything else from me.

Thanks again,

Greg
Dick Harrell # 9, 18 (Organic Green) #27 (Vic Edlebrock's) - Bobby Labonte Blackbird #38 - Johnny Benson Berger SS #72 - PE Brickyard PR1 (red) - DHPE#4 Brickyard - silver - DEI #54 - 3 of 4 'real' 2000 Daytona 500 GTP Pace Cars

2002Z4CSS

Post by 2002Z4CSS »

Some people love to clone cars. Many are too stupid and end up buying them too. :o

Topic author
daytonajim
Site Admin

Post by daytonajim »

Dick Harrell # 9, 18 (Organic Green) #27 (Vic Edlebrock's) - Bobby Labonte Blackbird #38 - Johnny Benson Berger SS #72 - PE Brickyard PR1 (red) - DHPE#4 Brickyard - silver - DEI #54 - 3 of 4 'real' 2000 Daytona 500 GTP Pace Cars

Topic author
daytonajim
Site Admin

Post by daytonajim »

Topic author
daytonajim
Site Admin

Post by daytonajim »

Topic author
daytonajim
Site Admin

Post by daytonajim »