Welcome to the new GMMG Registry forum! Hopefully this new forum should be easier for everyone to register, login, navigate, and post! :)

GMMG DHPE #12

Discussion & questions regarding the "Wildcard" vehicles built by G.M.M.G.

Topic author
daytonajim
Site Admin
Vehicle: Many GMMG's

GMMG DHPE #12

Post by daytonajim »

December 27, 2019

DHPE #12

Hey Jim,
Been a while since I spoke with you. I was the owner of the 2002 GMMG Dick Harell Performance edition ( non-widebody). Car used to be on your sight under wildcards but see that it is now off. I know you are the expert in all things GMMG, but the car was a legitimate car that Matt built for me at the end of GMMGs life. There is a video of it on YouTube as well if you look. Happy to send you the link. Long story short I paid GMMG to convert the car and Matt told me that they were going to do a limited run of about 15 cars. My car was complete with everything except for floor mats and additional documentation that he was supposed to get me but never did as the company began to fall apart. I actually had a lady contact me stating that she thought some rare GMMG parts were taken off her car and used in building mine... She had her car there for a phase II upgrade at the time. I really like Matt and wish he was still building cars! He kept stalling me on the completion of my car and I began to get nervous having spent a bunch of money and it taking so long. As soon as he got my car mechanically put together I went and picked it up as I lived close to where Matts shop was in Marietta GA. Time went on and he kept promising my missing items and I began to get worried, after all I had paid to have a special edition car. I reached out to Valerie Harrell and asked her if she knew anything about this final run of 15 cars.... That's when I learned that she was shocked to hear that more cars were being built without her knowledge or agreeing to anything.... That's how the story ended for me. I parted ways with a true GMMG car but without the final missing pieces... I have my GMMG receipts for work done, my car had the Dick Harrell Gauges and GMMG badging as well as GMMG serial number plate, just not the final Dick Harrell sign off... Just thought you might like to know this extra piece of history. I don't want you to post the story on your site as I don't want to make Matt look bad at all. I was so upset over the whole deal that I put car up for sale because it kinda ruined the joy of owning it for me.. Car sold and is in Canada... I hope to buy it back one day as the guy I sold it to still has it. Anyway..... I have rambled on for long enough.. Love your site and wish my car had a place among the others here. Hope you had a great Christmas and Holiday season! Justin

JBM_6525.jpg
JBM_6525.jpg (622 KiB) Viewed 765 times
12.jpg
12.jpg (60.13 KiB) Viewed 765 times
12DHPEa (2).jpg
12DHPEa (2).jpg (1.19 MiB) Viewed 765 times
At GMMG
@ GMMG
@ GMMG
12DHPEB.jpg (373.03 KiB) Viewed 765 times
@ GMMG
@ GMMG
12DHPEa.jpg (361.19 KiB) Viewed 765 times
@ GMMG
@ GMMG
12DHPEC.jpg (343.56 KiB) Viewed 765 times
Dick Harrell # 9, 18 (Organic Green) #27 (Vic Edlebrock's) - Bobby Labonte Blackbird #38 - Johnny Benson Berger SS #72 - PE Brickyard PR1 (red) - DHPE#4 Brickyard - silver - DEI #54 - 3 of 4 'real' 2000 Daytona 500 GTP Pace Cars