Welcome to the new GMMG Registry forum! Hopefully this new forum should be easier for everyone to register, login, navigate, and post! :)

Login or Register

This forum is to be used to advise other forum members of news that would be of interest to everyone here on this forum board.

Topic author
daytonajim
Site Admin
Vehicle: Many GMMG's

Login or Register

Post by daytonajim »

December 27, 2019

Login or Register info
Forum Login_0001.jpg (347.53 KiB) Viewed 872 times
Forum Login_0002.jpg (146.55 KiB) Viewed 872 times
Search GMMG Owners - Facebook...……..

Brian Meissen uploaded a file in the group: GMMG Owners and Enthusiasts Group.

Hi everyone!

Jim asked me to write a post introducing myself in addition to announcing the new GMMG Forum. Some of you may know me already, some of you may not so I wanted to share a few tidbits about myself. I've been a hardcore Camaro and Firebird enthusiast since purchasing my first Camaro in 2002: a 1994 Camaro base model. In 2005 I founded MiFBody.com, a Camaro and Firebird enthusiast website for FBody enthusiasts in Michigan. Our website quickly took off and membership soared. As a result, I started hosting an annual "Michigan FBody Meet & Greet" which has turned into a regionally-recognized show for FBody enthusiasts to come and attend.

For the past few years, I've been working with Jim to convert his websites to WordPress so that he would be able to easily update the content on his websites. Originally, when we launched the new GMMG Registry website we had planned to have the forum 100% integrated into the Registry so that it was all uniform and seamless. Unfortunately, that integration did not work out as smoothly as I had thought and it ended up being really challenging for users to register and/or login to existing accounts.

To try and correct this problem, I converted the forum back to phpBB which is what it used to be a few years ago. phpBB is a great forum software and should improve everyone's user experience trying to use the forum.
The attached word document helps to introduce the new forum and a call for help from Jim - Photobucket has severely crippled forums' use of images hosted on their site, so Jim is asking for everyone's help on getting the images fixed/updated.

If you have any issues with the website moving forward, please reach out to me and let me know.
Dick Harrell # 9, 18 (Organic Green) #27 (Vic Edlebrock's) - Bobby Labonte Blackbird #38 - Johnny Benson Berger SS #72 - PE Brickyard PR1 (red) - DHPE#4 Brickyard - silver - DEI #54 - 3 of 4 'real' 2000 Daytona 500 GTP Pace Cars