Welcome to the new GMMG Registry forum! Hopefully this new forum should be easier for everyone to register, login, navigate, and post! :)

GMMG Insurance

PRIVATE - Forum for GMMG Car Owners ONLY ! ! !

Topic author
napa68

Post by napa68 »

What are you guys paying to insure your cars? I am currently with Hagerty and was a little surprised with the premium when I purchased Berger 76 back. FWIW, I have 5 other vehicles with Hagerty, a spotless record (Wife and I both),46 YO, no kids, etc., etc. Kinda of a wet dream for insurance companies IMO. The 62 F.I. Corvette I have is half the money of the Berger (and easily twice the value)

Thanks,

Tim

GMMG ZL1 41
Site Admin

Post by GMMG ZL1 41 »

TRY SKY SMITH. HE INSURES A LOT OF GMMG'S. LOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE FORUM AND YOU WILL SEE INFO. HE IS ONE OF OUR SPONSERS.

HOTROD1974

Post by HOTROD1974 »

I insure my GMMG with Tammy @ MK Insurance. She is one of our sponsor. Look down at the bottom of the page.

Blackbird34
Site Admin

Post by Blackbird34 »

I have my four vehicles and other toys with State Farm. They will do a agreed value policy if you wish. I am very happy with the pricing. I have tried Hagerty and Sky Smith

( American Modern) before and was not impressed. MK insurance gets great reviews also.

daytonajim
Site Admin
Vehicle: Many GMMG's

Post by daytonajim »

I've used Sky Smith for years. He has a new company that is cheaper.

13 or so cars..... Something like $1700

Jim
Dick Harrell # 9, 18 (Organic Green) #27 (Vic Edlebrock's) - Bobby Labonte Blackbird #38 - Johnny Benson Berger SS #72 - PE Brickyard PR1 (red) - DHPE#4 Brickyard - silver - DEI #54 - 3 of 4 'real' 2000 Daytona 500 GTP Pace Cars

Topic author
napa68

Post by napa68 »

With Hagerty, I was charged $450 (35k value) for about 9 months (policy renews in August). I thought that was a little high.

Tim

68 RSSS Ragtop
Vehicle: BB#30

Post by 68 RSSS Ragtop »

I'm having a problem placing a value on BB 30. One of 7 convertibles , one of two triple blacks and the one stage one 380 car. 91,000 miles, looks , runs and drives as new. What do you guys think?
"A Camaro looks like it can kick your ass, A Firebird looks like it's coming to do it." :lol:

daytonajim
Site Admin
Vehicle: Many GMMG's

Post by daytonajim »

Bob:

Stated value insurance can be what ever you & your insurance guy decide. Premium in based on value. Sky can do all your cars. Say hi for me.

He's way cheaper than Haggerty, Grundy & others.

I have 13 or so - around $200 each average.

If it was my car I'd want insurance around $30k - $35k stated value.

Jim
Dick Harrell # 9, 18 (Organic Green) #27 (Vic Edlebrock's) - Bobby Labonte Blackbird #38 - Johnny Benson Berger SS #72 - PE Brickyard PR1 (red) - DHPE#4 Brickyard - silver - DEI #54 - 3 of 4 'real' 2000 Daytona 500 GTP Pace Cars

Blackbird34
Site Admin

Post by Blackbird34 »

Bob your Blackbird is a very rare car and has a high sentimental value to you I'm sure. That said... real world money is likely in the mid 20k's currently. We have seen some ultra low mile (500 mile) Blackbirds sell for mid $30k's recently. Jim is right, you can set your value wherever you like, but you're also paying a higher premium to do that as I'm sure you're aware.

68 RSSS Ragtop
Vehicle: BB#30

Post by 68 RSSS Ragtop »

Thanks Guys. My big area for confusion/accessing value is the convertible aspect. My concern is replacement, if anything happened to it, I'd be looking to replace it with one of 6 left and not one of 7.
"A Camaro looks like it can kick your ass, A Firebird looks like it's coming to do it." :lol: