Welcome to the new GMMG Registry forum! Hopefully this new forum should be easier for everyone to register, login, navigate, and post! :)

Eagle F1's

PRIVATE - For discusssions, questions and assistance regarding technical/mechanical issues with GMMG cars.

Topic author
Damien Scott

Post by Damien Scott »

In case anyone has been on the look out for these tires, tirerack has them back in stock. I would be buying a set if I weren't getting my tranny rebuilt.

GMMG ZL1 41
Site Admin

Post by GMMG ZL1 41 »

Thanks for the info Damien. What went down with the tranny? Will it be expensive to fix?

Topic author
Damien Scott

Post by Damien Scott »

My pilot bearing decided to weld itself to my input shaft. I am getting a stage3 rebuild because of the labor it takes just to get to the input shaft. Stage3 will include billet keys, bronze cup/forks/pads. It is a little pricey at $2000, but should be worth it in the long run. I will get it back next week and let you know how it is.

68 RSSS Ragtop
Vehicle: BB#30

Post by 68 RSSS Ragtop »

Thanks for the information. I got mine from there and saved over $200 from anyone else. Good call on the tranny, did the same when my 2-3 forks bent. Mine was about $1600 from TICK in Charlotte, NC, but I took it out and re-installed on my own.
"A Camaro looks like it can kick your ass, A Firebird looks like it's coming to do it." :lol:

Topic author
Damien Scott

Post by Damien Scott »

Got her back and shifts like butter. I am replacing my headlight gears with anodized aluminum tomorrow morning and will be cruising by the afternoon!

GMMG ZL1 41
Site Admin

Post by GMMG ZL1 41 »

Great time of year to get the car out!! Must be nice to have the car fixed.

Topic author
Damien Scott

Post by Damien Scott »

It's great. I also highly recommend the replacement gears that I got, the headlights go up and down so much smoother. I am pretty sure most of you have low miles and not a lot of wear yet, but keep that in mind when the times comes because it will. I ordered my gears from Ben Franker, an easy Google search will pull up the information.

01blkbrd6

Post by 01blkbrd6 »

opinion which tires do you all suggest been looking into new tires I like f1 gsd3 but also liking the nitto nt555 and they are way cheaper but was also thinking keeping car to original which would be the goodyears. any suggestions?

Blackbird34
Site Admin

Post by Blackbird34 »

@01blkbrd6 wrote:opinion which tires do you all suggest been looking into new tires I like f1 gsd3 but also liking the nitto nt555 and they are way cheaper but was also thinking keeping car to original which would be the goodyears. any suggestions?

All three of the tires you listed above are great. My vote would be the Nitto's. For the limited miles my car is driven on dry summer days ...this would be a perfect tire. :auto-layrubber:

68 RSSS Ragtop
Vehicle: BB#30

Re: Eagle F1's

Post by 68 RSSS Ragtop »

I've picked up a few tires over the years to keep the Goodyear Eagle F-1 Suprcar tires on the car. Of note is the original stock tires for normal production, the 98w 174 mph tires, were replaced by GMMG with 98y 199mph rated tires.
"A Camaro looks like it can kick your ass, A Firebird looks like it's coming to do it." :lol: