Welcome to the new GMMG Registry forum! Hopefully this new forum should be easier for everyone to register, login, navigate, and post! :)

Blackbird Badges - update 12/4/13

PRIVATE - Owner to Owner parts for sale forum.

Topic author
daytonajim
Site Admin
Vehicle: Many GMMG's

Post by daytonajim »

The Registry has purchased the last Blackbird Badges. They are available to Registry members that might need one.

Dec. 12, 2013 - All are gone now - we don't have any more & no more will be reproduced. Jim

In an attempt to eliminate “cloning” of our GMMG cars, Mike Carnahan, daytonajim, GMMG BlackBird and myself are in agreement that everyone who has ordered either a set of BlackBird badges or a GMMG badge or badges will need to sign an agreement consenting to “re-sell” these badges back to the GMMG Registry for the original purchase price should they sell the GMMG car or cars that they now own so that these badges won’t be re-sold on E-Bay, Craig’s List, etc. for profit to Non-GMMG car owners. Furthermore, each purchaser will have to agree not to re-sell these badges to anyone other than the GMMG Registry. I will be drafting this letter and emailing it out to each person who has ordered any of these badges. Mike Carnahan has also informed me that he will be numbering each badge and we will record who has each badge. WE WILL REQUIRE THAT I HAVE THE ORIGINAL SIGNED AGREEMENT LETTER BACK IN MY POSSESSION PRIOR TO SHIPPING YOUR BADGES TO YOU.

Daytonajim has run across people trying to duplicate these badges and sell them on E-Bay to people who do not own a GMMG car so that they can “pass” their car off as a GMMG car. I should think that we would all be in agreement on this and want to protect our investments in these cars and preserve their pedigree. As many of you know, when GMMG sold their chambered exhaust, they made a cheap replica of the GMMG logo and sent that with the exhaust (See both photos below. This first photo was taken at a car show in Omaha, Nebraska and the second photo was posted on the 35thLE.com forum board. Note in the first photo that he has painted his tail panel black, has the cheap GMMG vinyl logo, the stainless CAMARO inserts and the Berger Chevrolet license plate frame and below that is another Camaro that has the black tail panel with the stainless "CAMARO" inserts, the Dick Harrell Wide Body rear spoiler complete with the "Mr Chevrolet" lettering and striping down the side with "Nickey/SC). Many people who purchased the chambered exhaust put this cheap vinyl replica GMMG logo on the tail panel of their Camaros and Firebirds and tried to “pass off” their cars as GMMG cars. Both daytonajim and I have been to car shows where this has happened but when you ask to see their GMMG brass door tag, all of a sudden………..the truth then comes out and the owner will admit that he just has the exhaust and it is not a car that GMMG built.

We hope that everyone here understands our motive behind this requirement and everyone will appreciate that we are trying to preserve the pedigree of all the cars that GMMG built.

Dick Harrell # 9, 18 (Organic Green) #27 (Vic Edlebrock's) - Bobby Labonte Blackbird #38 - Johnny Benson Berger SS #72 - PE Brickyard PR1 (red) - DHPE#4 Brickyard - silver - DEI #54 - 3 of 4 'real' 2000 Daytona 500 GTP Pace Cars

Topic author
daytonajim
Site Admin

Post by daytonajim »

GMMG Registry

1925 120th Street

Balsam Lake, WI 54810

BlackBird Badge Purchase Agreement

I, (insert name here) have ordered x each of GMMG BlackBird Badges for my Pontiac Firebird Tran-Am WS6 BlackBird(s) originally modified by GMMG, Inc. of Marietta, GA.

Car #______ Door Tag #_______ Photo of your car…..

GMMG Registry member User Name____________

To prevent cloning of these cars, I agree to only sell any GMMG BlackBird badges that I may have to the GMMG Registry and not to list or sell these badges to anyone else on any electronic auction website such as E-Bay, Craig’s List or any internet forum board as well as any automotive parts swap meet or conference should I sell my GMMG BlackBird car. In layman’s terms, I promise not to sell any GMMG BlackBird badges to anyone other than the GMMG Registry.

Should I sell my BlackBird(s), I will notify the GMMG Registry immediately and disclose the disposition of any extra GMMG badges I may have or have had to any representative of the GMMG Registry and make arrangements to immediately surrender these badges to the GMMG Registry. I will not profit from the sale of these badges and will sell these GMMG badges back to the GMMG Registry for the original purchase price of $150.00 (per badge) excluding any shipping charges.

_________________________________________ _____________________

(Name) (Date)

GMMG BlackBird Owner’s Name Typed Out

GMMG BlackBird Owner’s Address Typed Out

Please make checks payable to: GMMG Registry/Jim Smith
Dick Harrell # 9, 18 (Organic Green) #27 (Vic Edlebrock's) - Bobby Labonte Blackbird #38 - Johnny Benson Berger SS #72 - PE Brickyard PR1 (red) - DHPE#4 Brickyard - silver - DEI #54 - 3 of 4 'real' 2000 Daytona 500 GTP Pace Cars

BERGER SS 38

Post by BERGER SS 38 »

Is their any update on the GMMG badges? Thank you.

Topic author
daytonajim
Site Admin

Post by daytonajim »

I e-mailed Mike yesterday asking this question & have not heard back yet. I'll post when I hear something. They are coming - it will just take some time just like the BB Badges. I'd been working on getting them for close to a year. Jim

Topic author
daytonajim
Site Admin

Post by daytonajim »

Dec. 11, 2013

I know a few of you have a spare BB badge.

I broke up a set of three so a member could have a spare plus their set of three.

Can you or would you have spare one? Price?

Please contact JD or Jim if you can help out.

One of our members (CETA BB #3) never got the badges & she will be taking the last two we have & is still short one.

Thanks & happy holidays.

Jim

Mike@Vengeancepcm

Post by Mike@Vengeancepcm »

I have 4 left. These are the last ones that I will ever have. If someone needs 1 or a set just let me know. You will have to okay the purchase with site (JD or Jim) before I ship anything out.

Just PM or email me at Mike@Vengeancepcm.com

Topic author
daytonajim
Site Admin

Post by daytonajim »

I know CETA BB #3 needs one & BB #40 may need 3???

Jim Simon............ Will you please follow up seeing as I'm in Wyoming?

You are coming snowmobiling, correct? We have room anytime between Feb. 15 _ the end of Feb. is anyone else wants to join us.

Jim

4th Gen Camaro Addict

Post by 4th Gen Camaro Addict »

@Mike@Vengeancepcm wrote:I have 4 left. These are the last ones that I will ever have. If someone needs 1 or a set just let me know. You will have to okay the purchase with site (JD or Jim) before I ship anything out.

Just PM or email me at Mike@Vengeancepcm.com

Just a note......................before ANYONE can purchase one of these BlackBird badges, you will need to have signed a BlackBird badge purchase agreement. If you purchased some of these in the past and signed a BlackBird badge purchase agreement, you will still need to sign a new one for this additional purchase ! ! ! If you are wanting to purchase one of these, your first step is to contact me so that I can get a BlackBird badge purchase agreement out to you. :D

GMMG ZL1 41
Site Admin

Post by GMMG ZL1 41 »

Jim I talked to the parties. Marlyn and Slavko, and they should be contacting J.D. I think Slavko already has. This should be it for the BlackBird badges. I am looking at the week of the 17th to try to get out to Wyoming. I will keep you posted.

Slavko

Post by Slavko »

Mike@Vengeancepcm I have sent you an email and private message, I would like to purchase 3 for my #40.

I would like to thank you guys for calling me and letting me know about these.

Should I sign the agreement first and mail it or can I just scan and email it to you Jim? and for checks would I be paying you or Mike@Vengeancepcm?