Welcome to the new GMMG Registry forum! Hopefully this new forum should be easier for everyone to register, login, navigate, and post! :)

Black Bird #28

Introduce yourself here and tell us whether you own a GMMG car or whether you still dreaming of owning a GMMG car.

Topic author
BlackBird28

Post by BlackBird28 »

Greetings to the GMMG registry. My name is Eric, and as of this week, become the new owner of Black Bird #28. We are very excited to be the new caretakers of the car, and will care for her just as the previous owners have done. The car made a legendary trip from Jacksonville, Florida to Tacoma, Washington this past week, and arrived in like-new condition. The shipping company did a tremendous job in caring for the car along its' travels.

One of the many fascinating things to owning this car is the fact that the previous owners kept all original documents, receipts, etc, which we received in folders along with the car. I have everything from the original owner, to include the original dealer documents. I intend to reach out to the original owner, just to simply introduce myself and get an original-owner history on the car. Being raised in a car environment with my father, I really believe having the total historical references on these cars, is very important. The original documents will be maintained in a fire-proof safe, and any/all paperwork we generate as the owners will be added to the reference library.

I would like to preface ownership of this car as being transparent - I am not a "collector". I have a deep love for cars, and do not buy them to turn them around in a year or two for the next thing. I was raised in a GM family, and have always been endeared to Pontiacs. Having grown up in Western Pennsylvania, I was always going to car shows and swap meets with my father, my favorite always being at the Canfield Fairgrounds in Ohio. I then left for the military, which lead me to living in Washington State. My first car I owned was a Pontiac (a Sunbird, don't laugh, I was 18 and an E-1 in the Air Force!).

I think we have the only Black Bird in Washington State. We intend to show the car at both small and large events, and share this special vehicle with those who care, and those who want to learn.

Thanks, and I look forward to corresponding with everyone on the board!

Eric

CETABlackbird4

Post by CETABlackbird4 »

Eric, Welcome to the Registry and congrats on your acquiring BlackBird 28. I am pleased to hear it has gone to a good home. I've now had CETA BlackBird #4 for four years and have thoroughly enjoyed it. Last year my cousin and I drove it on the 20th Anniversary Hot Rod Power Tour. It is lovingly taken care of but definitely gets driven. Have fun with yours.

Damien Scott

Post by Damien Scott »

From one Blackbird owner to another, congratulations Eric! Enjoy!

Blackbird34
Site Admin

Post by Blackbird34 »

Welcome Eric! Congrats on your purchase of BB #28. I'm so glad the car has found a permanent home! Please ask any questions if you have them.

P.S. My first car was a Sunbird too!

Aaron

Topic author
BlackBird28

Post by BlackBird28 »

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to read my post and sending a reply! The reality is the GMMG family is quite small, so this is pretty cool for me and my family.

Thanks again, I hope to cross paths with some of you in person!

Eric

chevyfan1251992

Post by chevyfan1251992 »

Hi Eric, congrats on the purchase. Sounds like a great car!

daytonajim
Site Admin
Vehicle: Many GMMG's

Black Bird #28

Post by daytonajim »

BB#28
28BBNMBa (25).jpg
28BBNMBa (25).jpg (117.41 KiB) Viewed 1673 times
Dick Harrell # 9, 18 (Organic Green) #27 (Vic Edlebrock's) - Bobby Labonte Blackbird #38 - Johnny Benson Berger SS #72 - PE Brickyard PR1 (red) - DHPE#4 Brickyard - silver - DEI #54 - 3 of 4 'real' 2000 Daytona 500 GTP Pace Cars