Welcome to the new GMMG Registry forum! Hopefully this new forum should be easier for everyone to register, login, navigate, and post! :)

2016 POCI Nationals July 12-16

Post upcoming events such as car shows and other events that would be of interest to the forum membership.

Topic author
daytonajim
Site Admin
Vehicle: Many GMMG's

Post by daytonajim »

I was thinking abut the 2016 POCI Nationals in Bettendorf, IA.....................

Have you been to other events that require you have a fire extinguisher in the car?

I've been going to shows, track days, inside events & other events my entire 71 years of life & this is the only time I've heard of this.

It became a deal breaker when I took the Bobby Labonte Blackbird #38 to the 2008 POCI Nationals in Spearfish, SD. This was the worst event I ever tried to attend. No one was willing to work with me when I was late because the van blew the tranny. They were rude to the point of hassling me, very unfriendly & I've never attended another Pontiac event & I dropped my membership in the local MN Tomahawk Club because they were the sponsors. I drove my car back to Watertown SD & waited for a new tranny for the van.

Being rude is an understatement!

What you say?

Jim Smith

Dick Harrell # 9, 18 (Organic Green) #27 (Vic Edlebrock's) - Bobby Labonte Blackbird #38 - Johnny Benson Berger SS #72 - PE Brickyard PR1 (red) - DHPE#4 Brickyard - silver - DEI #54 - 3 of 4 'real' 2000 Daytona 500 GTP Pace Cars

Topic author
daytonajim
Site Admin
Vehicle: Many GMMG's

Post by daytonajim »

July 12-16

Link with info...........

https://secure.poci.org/POCI_Annual_Con ... ration.cfm
Dick Harrell # 9, 18 (Organic Green) #27 (Vic Edlebrock's) - Bobby Labonte Blackbird #38 - Johnny Benson Berger SS #72 - PE Brickyard PR1 (red) - DHPE#4 Brickyard - silver - DEI #54 - 3 of 4 'real' 2000 Daytona 500 GTP Pace Cars

OKSS

Post by OKSS »

IMO, it is kind of weird and I would guess very rare for any type of car show to require fire extinguishers inside the car. Requiring owners to have one readily available would be a bit more foreseeable, but is still different to say the least.

If they were making it difficult for you to attend the show because you arrived a bit late, I would not even consider going back to the event. People like this are the reason the hobby is becoming someone "childlike". No one can just go, mind their own business and look at cars anymore, everything has to turn into a pissing match.

super26

Post by super26 »

charlotte auto fair / aka charlotte motor speedway (a couple thousand vehicles each day / 4 day event) has as long as I can remember, since 1990's required a fire extinguisher in each show vehicle. doesn't hurt to have one.. just imagine one catch on fire and not have one. especially the older cars. my 2 cents.