Welcome to the new GMMG Registry forum! Hopefully this new forum should be easier for everyone to register, login, navigate, and post! :)

Andy from OH

Introduce yourself here and tell us whether you own a GMMG car or whether you still dreaming of owning a GMMG car.

Topic author
chevyfan1251992

Post by chevyfan1251992 »

Hi everybody!

My name is Andy. I'm a 22 year old college student in southwestern OH. My current major in school is aviation maintenance and I am one year away from receiving my Airframe and Powerplant certification. Work wise, I have been a welder for Kramer Graphics helping create billboard advertisement prints to be mounted like the ones you see on the sides of nation-wide highways. Besides automotive topics, I have a major interest in music and play bass guitar in a amateur band with friends.

I inherited my love for cars from my father who had a number of GM performance vehicles in his younger years. Performance cars from The Big Three have always been a love of mine. I'm active in my local car community during the summer and I am also a member of the National Monte Carlo Owner's Association (along with the Monte Carlo Forum). My love for F-body's started when I bought a 1995 Z28 as my first car and loved it, even if it was an auto. Since then I've gotten more and more into LT1/LS1 powered cars from GM along with a friend who shares a similar passion, while also keeping an eye on the recent impressive developments taking place in Ford and Chrysler.

I was turned onto the GMMG cars from both my pre-existing F-body love and after seeing some of Jim Smiths videos on YouTube of his collection. I became a member on this forum about a month ago after noticing a recent occurrence of GMMG cars coming up for sale and thought that the forum along with the GMMG registry would be a useful tool if I became serious about buying a GMMG car. To this day I have only seen one GMMG car in person. It was a white T-Top 2001 Berger on the Hot Rod Power Tour. I've always love the shape and performance of the 4th-gens and I look forward to learning more about them and maybe even buying a nice SLP or even GMMG car myself in the next couple years (if I'm lucky).

GMMG ZL1 41
Site Admin

Post by GMMG ZL1 41 »

WELCOME TO THE FORUM! SOUNDS LIKE YOUR WELL ON YOUR WAY TO BEING SUCCESSFUL IN LIFE WHICH MEANS SOMEDAY YOU WILL OWN A GMMG CAR!

Blackbird34
Site Admin

Post by Blackbird34 »

Hello Andy and welcome!! Thank you for joining us here and we look forward to seeing you on the Forum!

CETABlackbird4

Post by CETABlackbird4 »

Hi Andy, Welcome to the Registry. I too got into GMMGs through meeting Jim Smith. Now I have a 2002 CETA Blackbird (#4 of 10) that I bought from Jim and a 2002 Performance Edition Camaro (#41). Took the Blackbird on the 2014 Power Tour and had a blast.

Topic author
chevyfan1251992

Thanks for the welcomes guys! Just came home to see that Berger #38 and ZL1 #60 are for sale online now after I made my intro post haha My inner car desire is on fire right now.

Honestly, I've been watching Berger #57 on eBay for a couple weeks now. I have some questions about it, but I'll direct them to the correct thread here on the forum. The excitement is there to watch these cars come up.

Damien Scott

Post by Damien Scott »

Welcome! I was in your shoes at one point in time and had contacted Jim Smith to get details on Blackbird #3 in 2010. This was before this forum and on ls1tech. I wasn't able to purchase #3 at that time and it came up for sale again in 2013. I was able to make it happen this time and absolutely love it. I had never seen one in person prior to purchase but read every piece of information I could to educate myself. You seem to be on track to own one of these cars, good luck!

daytonajim
Site Admin
Vehicle: Many GMMG's

Post by daytonajim »

Welcome to the GMMG Forum Andy.

If anyone is looking for more GMMG video's search You Tube for.......

daytonajim

GMMG

There are more GMMG video's @...................

http://www.gmmgregistry.com/

Here are a few GMMG's for sale.......

http://www.daytonapacecars.com/id21.html

Let us know if we can assist in any way.

For anyone looking for a GMMG............... It's spring & the prices are on their way up. I really think the GMMG's have bottomed out & the prices will keep going up. Especially the Blackbird's, ZL1's & DEI's & Dick Harrell's & any low mikes or higher horsepower cars.

Jim Smith

GMMG Registry

Dick Harrell # 9, 18 (Organic Green) #27 (Vic Edlebrock's) - Bobby Labonte Blackbird #38 - Johnny Benson Berger SS #72 - PE Brickyard PR1 (red) - DHPE#4 Brickyard - silver - DEI #54 - 3 of 4 'real' 2000 Daytona 500 GTP Pace Cars

68 RSSS Ragtop
Vehicle: BB#30

Post by 68 RSSS Ragtop »

Welcome Andy. Good luck with school. Seems like you're on a good path. The car will come if' you're patient, they're out there. I found mine in a used car lot. Enjoy the Forums, if you have any questions, just ask.

All the best, Bob
"A Camaro looks like it can kick your ass, A Firebird looks like it's coming to do it." :lol:

Topic author
chevyfan1251992

Thanks Damien, Jim, and Bob!

Currently watching the fate of Berger #57 on eBay now. Depending on the results of Frank's auction for it, I may give him a call this coming week. Can't let myself become too star-struck though. Gotta have realistic expectations at least half of the time lol

Hope everyone's had a good weekend so far!

boggie12

Post by boggie12 »

Hi Andy

My name is Frank Johnstone I am the owner of Berger #57. If you are still interested the car is still for sale. The car has 10,600 miles at this time.

Thanks Frank

buzz1941@comcast.net

410-671-9929