Welcome to the new GMMG Registry forum! Hopefully this new forum should be easier for everyone to register, login, navigate, and post! :)

Tuning Session with Mike Carnahan

Post upcoming events such as car shows and other events that would be of interest to the forum membership.

NCGuy68

Post by NCGuy68 »

@HOTROD1974 wrote:It should be a good time :D . Now, where do we order the pizza from :lol: ?

Forget the pizza - Where's the COLD BEER?... Hey! This Southern Boy has his priority 'Right' and Ya'll should too!.. :mrgreen:

Seriously J.D., it sounds like you guys are getting your money's worth and Mike is 'The Man' for his knowledge and skills.. :clap:

Enjoy Your Cars Gents.. :auto-layrubber:

GMMG ZL1 41
Site Admin

Post by GMMG ZL1 41 »

WHAT A LINE UP OF CARS! IT WILL BE INTERESTING TO SEE IF MIKE CAN SQUEEZE MORE HORSEPOWER OUT OF THESE CARS! COOL PICS. YOUR NEIGHBORS HAVE TO BE WONDERING WHAT'S UP.

Topic author
4th Gen Camaro Addict

Post by 4th Gen Camaro Addict »

Well....................this event is in the books now. :D What a great time ! ! ! ! ! All the people who attended this event were just GREAT ! ! ! ! ! We all had so much fun and Mike Carnahan was just the freakin' icing on the cake ! ! ! ! ! Many thanks to my fantastic wife Nancy and my awesome son Dusty. Nancy was the perfect hostess for everyone who was at our home and Dusty was a "Killer" Chef by taking on the barbeque duties of the hamburgers and brats. I will try to post up some more pictures later. :P

super26

Post by super26 »

POST SOME HP NUMBERS... BEFORE AND AFTER... VIDEOS ON DYNO ??? THANKS !!!

Blackbird34
Site Admin

Post by Blackbird34 »

[attachment=0:13i9x1vb]IMG_20140610_123907_806 (640x360).jpg[/attachment:13i9x1vb]What a great week! I want to send out a HUGE thank you to J.D. and his wife Nancy for letting me spend two days with them at their home. I had a awesome time meeting some of the Mid Iowa Camaro club members...what a great bunch of people! Hanging out with and observing Master mechanic / master tuner Mike Carnahan didn't suck either! Mike has amazing talent and the knowledge and skills he has are unreal :clap: Thanks again J.D. for a great event!!

I'll get more pics up soon..

Topic author
4th Gen Camaro Addict

Sorry to disappoint folks but I only took two (2) pic's on the dyno :o but here they are.

My Dick Harrell #30 on the dyno

My ZL-1 #17 on the dyno

Topic author
4th Gen Camaro Addict

This is a video that Aaron (Blackbird 34) took of my Dick Harrell car running. :D

[youtube:3kt4nr0b][/youtube:3kt4nr0b]

daytonajim
Site Admin
Vehicle: Many GMMG's

Post by daytonajim »

This is so cool!

Look at all the horsepower.
Dick Harrell # 9, 18 (Organic Green) #27 (Vic Edlebrock's) - Bobby Labonte Blackbird #38 - Johnny Benson Berger SS #72 - PE Brickyard PR1 (red) - DHPE#4 Brickyard - silver - DEI #54 - 3 of 4 'real' 2000 Daytona 500 GTP Pace Cars

Topic author
4th Gen Camaro Addict

Okay...................some of you have been asking for the Dyno Reports so here they are:

Not too proud of this one on the Dick Harrell Supercar. Dyno Report on Phase IIIX DH #30. Only did 514.74 h.p. at the crank (447.6 X 1.15). You have to take the rear wheel horsepower and add 15% to it for the loss through the drive train. Mike Carahan discovered that it was only firing on seven (7) cylinders instead of eight (8). I originally brought Mike Carahan up to my house because this car was running way, way too rich so he thinks I probably have a fouled spark plug so that will be our first step...............replace all eight (8) spark plugs. :x

Dyno Report on Phase II ZL-1 #17. Did 503.24 h.p. at the crank (437.6 X 1.15). :D Not too bad for a 475 h.p. engine package. :lol: You have to take the rear wheel horsepower and add 15% to it for the loss through the drive train. :D

Dyno Report on Tom Henry Racing SS #21. Did 436.08 h.p. at the crank (379.2 X 1.15). :D Not too bad for a 380 h.p. engine package with the addition of Dynatech headers. :lol: You have to take the rear wheel horsepower and add 15% to it for the loss through the drive train. :D

Dyno Report on Dale Earnhardt Intimidator SS #68. Did 409.285 h.p. at the crank (355.9 X 1.15). :D Not too bad for a 381 h.p. engine package. :lol: You have to take the rear wheel horsepower and add 15% to it for the loss through the drive train. :D

daytonajim
Site Admin
Vehicle: Many GMMG's

Post by daytonajim »

Thanks for sharing - pretty strong numbers - now go drive them all so they don't go downhill.

My 2 cents :twocents-twocents: .............. If cars sit & are not driven & only started up once in awhile they WILL LOAD UP. I know!

Gotta drive them - get them warm & be sure the fluid gets warm & brakes are used.

Oh wait a minute............ I drove HRE 2000 & hurt the motor. What do I know?

Jim
Dick Harrell # 9, 18 (Organic Green) #27 (Vic Edlebrock's) - Bobby Labonte Blackbird #38 - Johnny Benson Berger SS #72 - PE Brickyard PR1 (red) - DHPE#4 Brickyard - silver - DEI #54 - 3 of 4 'real' 2000 Daytona 500 GTP Pace Cars