Welcome to the new GMMG Registry forum! Hopefully this new forum should be easier for everyone to register, login, navigate, and post! :)

Tuning Session with Mike Carnahan

Post upcoming events such as car shows and other events that would be of interest to the forum membership.

Topic author
4th Gen Camaro Addict

Post by 4th Gen Camaro Addict »

Mike Carnahan with Vengeance PCM (formerly lead mechanic for GMMG) will be visiting my house on June 10th and June 11th to update the tuning on all four of my GMMG cars plus he will update the tune on Charlie's (user name = HOTROD1974) Phase IIX Hot Rod Magazine #1974 and Brad's (user name = Berger SS PR-1) Berger SS Phase IIX #PR-1 as well as Eric's (user name = 99legend2rZ) 1999 Legends Tour Z/28. In addition......................Aaron (user name = Blackbird34) is traveling down to spend the two days with us to observe and be a part of all this but Aaron is not bringing his car to participate and update the tuning on his car. :( Really looking forward to this ! ! ! ! :D

Mike Carnahan will be doing driveability tuning on June 10th on all of the cars and then I have rented a local dyno (Karl's Performance Center) for the entire day on June 11th and he will have all the cars on the dyno June 11th to "fine tune" them. Really anxious about the outcome of all of this ! ! Should be an exciting couple of days ! ! ! ! :D

daytonajim
Site Admin
Vehicle: Many GMMG's

Post by daytonajim »

Sweet - wish I could attend - will be on the Power Tour.

Jim
Dick Harrell # 9, 18 (Organic Green) #27 (Vic Edlebrock's) - Bobby Labonte Blackbird #38 - Johnny Benson Berger SS #72 - PE Brickyard PR1 (red) - DHPE#4 Brickyard - silver - DEI #54 - 3 of 4 'real' 2000 Daytona 500 GTP Pace Cars

Blackbird34
Site Admin

Post by Blackbird34 »

Can't wait J.D.!!! Should be a great time.

HOTROD1974

Post by HOTROD1974 »

It should be a good time :D . Now, where do we order the pizza from :lol: ?

Topic author
4th Gen Camaro Addict

Well....................it just keeps getting better. We will have a total of eight (8) GMMG cars at my house including my four (4) plus three (3) non-GMMG cars to get tuned by Mike Carnahan with Vengeance PCM. We will have a 630 h.p. Dick Harrell, a 600 h.p. ZL-1 Supercar, a 500 h.p. Tom Henry Racing SS, a 475 h.p. ZL-1 Supercar, a 475 h.p. Hot Rod Magazine Camaro, a 475 h.p. Berger SS, a 425 h.p. Tom Henry Racing SS and a 381 h.p. Dale Earnhardt Intimidator SS. In addition to these cars, we will have two 475 h.p. Camaro SS's and a 400 h.p. Camaro Z/28. :mrgreen: My place is the place to be June 10th and June 11th as these cars and their owners are gathering for just one purpose...........................to have all of these cars tuned by Mike Carahan of Vengeance PCM. :auto-layrubber:

Mike@Vengeancepcm

Post by Mike@Vengeancepcm »

JD I am looking forward to it. A lot has changed in tuning and software since these cars were originally assembled years ago. I think I will let the tuning changes speak for themself. See you soon. :D

GMMG ZL1 41
Site Admin

Post by GMMG ZL1 41 »

THIS IS LIKE A GMMG REUNION! IT'S ALSO A MINI CAR SHOW AS WELL! I WISH I COULD TRANSPORT MYSELF THERE LIKE IN STAR TREK. THE ROUND TABLE DISCUSSIONS SHOULD BE GREAT AS WELL.

Topic author
4th Gen Camaro Addict

Here is a few pictures from yesterday. :D

Today....................we're headed to the dyno. :D

The computer's had to be replaced in both my Dale Earnhardt Intimidator SS and my Tom Henry Racing Camaro SS because the program in both of them was written with an old DOS format. :(

daytonajim
Site Admin
Vehicle: Many GMMG's

Post by daytonajim »

Wish I could have made it - still on Power Tour
Dick Harrell # 9, 18 (Organic Green) #27 (Vic Edlebrock's) - Bobby Labonte Blackbird #38 - Johnny Benson Berger SS #72 - PE Brickyard PR1 (red) - DHPE#4 Brickyard - silver - DEI #54 - 3 of 4 'real' 2000 Daytona 500 GTP Pace Cars

HOTROD1974

Post by HOTROD1974 »

Day one is in the books. Thanks J.D., Nancy and Dusty for supper :D . Now it's off to the dyno ;) . Same day, same tuner and same dyno. Let's see who has the horsepower :clap: :)