Welcome to the new GMMG Registry forum! Hopefully this new forum should be easier for everyone to register, login, navigate, and post! :)

F-Body Gathering May 24th, 25th and 26th

Post upcoming events such as car shows and other events that would be of interest to the forum membership.

Topic author
4th Gen Camaro Addict

Post by 4th Gen Camaro Addict »

Anyone thinking of going? I know that Matt Murphy used to show up there.................don't know whether or not he would this year.

http://www.fbodygathering.com/hotel.php

Dabom75

Post by Dabom75 »

I am not getting to actually attend for the entire weekend but I plan on making the trek on Sat to see the cars and see some friends. And I will def take the camera and take pics of any GMMG's I see.

Berger 93

Post by Berger 93 »

I plan on being there.

Matt did attend the show last year.

Dabom75

Post by Dabom75 »

If I get to make it on Sat I will try my best to find you and say hi and take a few pics.

NCGuy68

Post by NCGuy68 »

I attended this event in 2002 when it was held in the parking lot of The National Corvette museum in Bowling Green KY. What a Fabulous display of awesome and rare plastic cars. Also toured the 'Vette assembly plant right across the street.

Now this year - 'HOTLANTA'...! I'am gonna try to attend if my work schedule permits but my black car is staying at Floyd's museum.

A Word About Atlanta: If you've never been there, don't expect any authentic 'Southern Hospitality' 'cause there ain't none in the city. The city is HUGE and spread out over mile after mile. Its Very 'Cosmopolitan' in its ethnic and racial makeup - about like NYC.

Sooo if ya want Southern Hospitality, let me suggest you and yours visit Lizard Lick, NC just a few miles from me. And yes, there really is Lizard Lick Towing and Recovery - a legit business. Yep, they really do all the crazy stuff on the TV show and it is FOR REAL! My kinda guys...... :mrgreen: ....... :text-lol:

Dabom75

Post by Dabom75 »

The Gatherings have always been in Atlanta. The one in Bowling Green was a gathering but not "The Gathering." They started off at a diff location in ATL and then got an agreement with the Marriot where it is held now.

Trust me though you go to one of these and you will truly see people who have never met before acting like they are the best friends in the world. I love the atmosphere and the people who attend.

It is also family friendly and you can take your kids. The "night time" festivities may not be for kids but they are not over the top and crazy. Ju st bunch of adults enjoying some adult type beverages.

NCGuy68

Post by NCGuy68 »

Dabom75 wrote:
The Gatherings have always been in Atlanta. The one in Bowling Green was a gathering but not "The Gathering." They started off at a diff location in ATL and then got an agreement with the Marriot where it is held now. quote]

You're right Brad and I stand corrected. Bowling Green was "A Gathering' and Matt was there helping all F-Body owners sort out their cars and the only time I ever met him in person.

Dabom75

Post by Dabom75 »

I would love to go to Bowling Green and see the Corvette factory and museum. I have a buddy from college who is from there. He said that some of his friends had jobs after senior year driving the Vettes from production line to the lot where they stay till shipped.

He said they would tell stories about just leaving in a cloud of smoke and if damaged just pulling it back in for repair.

NCGuy68

Post by NCGuy68 »

Does anyone know if there will ba a Swap/Parts For Sale area? I know the sponsers will be selling but what about individuals?

I didn't see anything about this on the Gathering home page.

Dabom75

Post by Dabom75 »

There is not a event area but lots of people wheel and deal in parts. May be setting up shipping or some may have them. You just never know.