Welcome to the new GMMG Registry forum! Hopefully this new forum should be easier for everyone to register, login, navigate, and post! :)

#28 PE (SOM) - Phase 2X-6 / 500hp + Video's - SOLD

Discussion & questions regarding the 35th Anniversary Performance Edition SS Camaros.

4th Gen Camaro Addict

Post by 4th Gen Camaro Addict »

Jim......................that is a B E A U T I F U L car and again..............................I ENVY you ! ! ! ! ! :sleeping-drool: :sleeping-drool:

And YES by all means........................take those :puke-front: butt ugly black wheels :puke-huge: off and put the American Racing Torque Thrust wheels on it A.S.A.P. ! ! ! ! ! ! :text-lol:

KDawgFilmz

Post by KDawgFilmz »

OMG! I just returned from seeing and hearing PE #28. It's much better in person than the photos show. All I can say is OMG GMMG!

KDawgFilmz

Post by KDawgFilmz »

My thoughts on the black wheels on PE #28 are, "Once you go black, you'll never go back."

Blackbird34
Site Admin

Post by Blackbird34 »

The black wheels belong at the bottom of your lake! :lol:

Seriously though..since you have them I would definitely mount the correct A.R.E wheels on that car. They just look right to me.

Topic author
daytonajim
Site Admin
Vehicle: Many GMMG's

Post by daytonajim »

Black wheels - perfect for track tires.

GMMG wheels will look great.

Dick Harrell # 9, 18 (Organic Green) #27 (Vic Edlebrock's) - Bobby Labonte Blackbird #38 - Johnny Benson Berger SS #72 - PE Brickyard PR1 (red) - DHPE#4 Brickyard - silver - DEI #54 - 3 of 4 'real' 2000 Daytona 500 GTP Pace Cars

wake00

Post by wake00 »

I didn't realize the black wheels were so hated!! I think they look good on certain cars but the AR wheels look much better here.

Nice ride Jim!

Topic author
daytonajim
Site Admin
Vehicle: Many GMMG's

Post by daytonajim »

I thinking the wheel choice could be a regional thing. ??? Not sure but it will be interesting to see the results.

Maybe more southerners will like the black wheels & maybe more northerners like the Chrome wheels?

Some guys like red cars, some blue, some black - just a matter of personal choice.

That's what makes the world go around. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Dick Harrell # 9, 18 (Organic Green) #27 (Vic Edlebrock's) - Bobby Labonte Blackbird #38 - Johnny Benson Berger SS #72 - PE Brickyard PR1 (red) - DHPE#4 Brickyard - silver - DEI #54 - 3 of 4 'real' 2000 Daytona 500 GTP Pace Cars

super26

Post by super26 »

THE BLACK WHEELS LOOK LIKE THE STOCK SS WHEELS, JUST PAINTED OR POWDER COATED BLACK?? I HAVE NEVER SEEN A BLACK SET LIKE THOSE ?? I DIDNT PAY THAT MUCH ATTENTION TO THE WHEELS, WHEN IT WAS AT EVERETT .

DHPE04

Post by DHPE04 »

Awesome Jim, congrats on getting #28 home without any issues.

I believe the black wheels would be awesome on that car if they would have been finished correctly, these look just like the Corvette C4 Grand Sport wheels however the lip was machined after painted black and that small machined lip makes all the difference. So what are you going to do with these wheels, are you going to keep them?

2002Z4CSS

Post by 2002Z4CSS »

I had never seen a regular semi truck trailer used to deliver cars before. The ramps looked pretty steep. The wheels look great. :)