Welcome to the new GMMG Registry forum! Hopefully this new forum should be easier for everyone to register, login, navigate, and post! :)

Dedicated to Dale Earnhardt, Sr.

Discussion & questions regarding the Dale Earnhardt Chevrolet 2001 Intimidator SS Camaros.

super26

Post by super26 »

1987 WRANGLER / CHARLOTTE AUTOFAIR SHOW

1987 EARNHARDT IROC IN DE SHOWROOM

DE #3 IN DE SHOWROOM

OLD SCHOOL EARNHARDT, HANDING OUT AUTOGRAPH CARDS

NCGuy68

Post by NCGuy68 »

@super26 wrote:EARNHARDT DEALERSHIP CAR

Kool photo super 26...... :clap:

What year?

super26

Post by super26 »

THATS MY SON BESIDE CAR.. I'D SAY PICTURE IS FROM ABOUT 2006 & CAR IS STILL IN SHOWROOM... THEY CHANGE THE CARS OUT PRETTY REGULAR.. NOT A BIG SHOWROOM, MAYBE FOUR CARS IS ALL IT WILL HOLD..

super26

Post by super26 »

2010 CAMARO UNVEIL AT EARNHARDT CHEVY

2001 DAYTONA 24 HR RACE CORVETTE

NCGuy68

Post by NCGuy68 »

The guy holding the steering wheel in the black and white photo is Kirk Shelmerdine. Kirk is a former crew chief for Dale and at the time was the youngest CC to win a cup race as well as the youngest to win a Winston Cup title. ... :clap:

NCGuy68

Post by NCGuy68 »

Dale was once asked why he is such an aggresive driver.

His reply was and I quote, " If Ya can't run with the Big Dogs stay on the porch"!

:mrgreen: ............ :clap:

LateBrakeU2

Post by LateBrakeU2 »

One of my fave Earnhardt stories(as told by MM). Matt was driving through the paddock at Daytona during the 24 in 2001, in the then ZL1 prototype. He came upon Dale walking along the road, and hearing the car approach him, turned to see what it was. The Intimidator program was about to begin production, and Dale started taking a hard look at the car..with it's Z06 badging. He asked Matt "what the H@#L is this" to which Matt informed him of the ZL1 program. It's been about ten years, but if i recall the next thing that happened went something like this-

Dale looked Matt square in the eye, poked him in the chest with a sharpie, and said the following..

"Murphy, I want 50 Intimdator SS's with 427's in black, washed,waxed, and ready for delivery at my dealership this spring"

No doubt in my mind had he lived, there would have been C5R race case Intimidators. As an aside, when i ordred my SLP BC for my car, I looked at the SS build # and smiled- SS#427. I showed it to Matt, it was at that moment we both decided the car should receive a very special motor. It was going to be a 427SR, with the 100th GMMG race case. Matt was going to do a full feature on the car with the commemorative engine and all, would have been the only P3 Intimidator built. Alas, the wheels fell off and it all faded to black. It's also interesting to note that there is a high probability that the 2014 Camaro will be offered with an LS7, as it's run in the vette is over because of emissions and CAFE standards .

Topic author
daytonajim
Site Admin
Vehicle: Many GMMG's

Post by daytonajim »

5th Gen .Intimidator......... Finally a 5th Gen. that I like.

Dick Harrell # 9, 18 (Organic Green) #27 (Vic Edlebrock's) - Bobby Labonte Blackbird #38 - Johnny Benson Berger SS #72 - PE Brickyard PR1 (red) - DHPE#4 Brickyard - silver - DEI #54 - 3 of 4 'real' 2000 Daytona 500 GTP Pace Cars

NCGuy68

Post by NCGuy68 »

@daytonajim wrote:5th Gen .Intimidator.........

Alright Jim, you should add one of these Awesome cars to your stable. .........

AND, I'll even volunteer to pick it up at DEC and deliver it to your place way up there in WI.

But....don't blame me if the rear Goodyears are bald when I arrive...........

They Must have been defective "Soft' Tires....... :auto-layrubber: :auto-layrubber: :auto-layrubber: :auto-layrubber:

NCGuy68

Post by NCGuy68 »

Dale learned about race cars from Father Ralph while growing up in the family home in Kannapolis, NC.

It is located at the corner of Coach and Sedan streets in Kannapolis.... :mrgreen: