Welcome to the new GMMG Registry forum! Hopefully this new forum should be easier for everyone to register, login, navigate, and post! :)

**GMMG Birds Wanted**

Looking for a GMMG car? Let others here on this forum board know what you're looking for. IF YOU BUY OR SELL A CAR AS A RESULT OF INFORMATION OBTAINED IN THIS FORUM OR FROM ASSISTANCE FROM THE GMMG REGISTRY MANAGEMENT TEAM, WE ASK FOR A 1/2% OF 1% CONTRIBUTION OF THE SALE OR PURCHASE PRICE TO THE GMMG REGISTRY TO ASSIST WITH CONTINUING OPERATIONAL EXPENSES OF THE GMMG REGISTRY AND WEBSITE MAINTENANCE.

Topic author
02WS6

Post by 02WS6 »

A couple of people who I have spoken to about these cars keep asking me about the Carl Black Blackbirds. So, a few of them and myself are curious to know if any Blackbirds are for sale. As many of you've seen, Berger Camaros have been flowing onto the market like crazy but not one Blaclbird. Let me me know, so I can relay the message. I'm sure there's quite a few people out there looking for these specifically. Thanks! :)

daytonajim
Site Admin
Vehicle: Many GMMG's

Post by daytonajim »

None that I know if now. BB #34 & CETA BB #4 (members) were the last 2 sold that I remember. There are only 112 total - a few have been wrecked &/or totaled so they are hard to find.

I stand corrected - Thanks Jason - you are correct.

CETA BB #7 is for sale - in the $175k range?

BB #44 was wrecked if I remember. Jim Simon will know for sure.

Jim
Dick Harrell # 9, 18 (Organic Green) #27 (Vic Edlebrock's) - Bobby Labonte Blackbird #38 - Johnny Benson Berger SS #72 - PE Brickyard PR1 (red) - DHPE#4 Brickyard - silver - DEI #54 - 3 of 4 'real' 2000 Daytona 500 GTP Pace Cars

Blackbird34
Site Admin

Post by Blackbird34 »

The last one I saw for sale is in my garage! :)

Blackbirds seldom come up for sale. I still scan the internet daily for another to go on the market. I'm sure there are a few others on this Forum that do the same ;) Its funny...once you get one GMMG in your garage...all you want to do is add another!

wake00

Post by wake00 »

Here are the one's I've found...

Salvage title- $18k

http://www.hawksthirdgenparts.com/produ ... ckage.html

http://www.mwclassics.com/2002_PONTIAC% ... 262088.veh

It's funny how the market goes in cycles. The market seems to be flooded with certain models and then switches. I haven't seen too many BBs lately either.

Topic author
02WS6

Post by 02WS6 »

I appreciate the response guys. Jim's right, though, they really are starting to become hard to come by. BlackBird #34 is awesome and I'll admit you were pretty lucky to find it. :clap: Its a beauty. And I have to be honest I don't think spending $175K is practical for the people I know, or many people for that matter. It's a lot of cash to put out. Too bad the other one for sale has a salvage title. Really takes away focus on the car. :?

GMMG ZL1 41
Site Admin

Post by GMMG ZL1 41 »

OF THE 112 CARS NOT ALL ARE TRANS AM'S. 14 ARE FORMULA'S. IF YOU CAN FIND A LOW MILE BLACKBIRD YOU SHOULD BUY IT! THEY SHOULD BE VERY COLLECTIBLE IN THE FUTURE. I AM NOT SURE IF THIS ONE IS STILL FOR SALE SO IF INTERESTED CALL AND FIND OUT. HERE IS THE LINK.

http://dlrinventory.lotboys.com/dealer/ ... GX22111632

Topic author
02WS6

Post by 02WS6 »

@Wake00 Aside from spending the $175K, my friend contacted the dealer on BB#44 (salvage title) and I guess he had no luck because the owner has decided to hold on to it.

@GMMGBlackbird Yes, I agree with you 100% about buying one once you see one. I was on the market for awhile and now have friends that are so I'm trying to keep them in the loop. Supposedly, BB#28 had been on the market for awhile. But just to check I sent an email their way to see. Thanks again.

wake00

Post by wake00 »

One will come along. They always do! A few years back my Black Bird was on the market for a few months.

Topic author
02WS6

Post by 02WS6 »

Yea, I gotta keep telling this to myself and the people I know on the market. They are just not easy to come by. Takes a lot of patience thats for sure.

Blackbird34
Site Admin

Post by Blackbird34 »

I see CETA Blackbird #7 is back on Ebay with a starting bid of $100K. That is one very cool car.