Welcome to the new GMMG Registry forum! Hopefully this new forum should be easier for everyone to register, login, navigate, and post! :)

1998 Raptor Camaro IS NOT a GMMG - Buyer Beware!

NON - GMMG cars for sale. Must include all information (i.e., price, miles, full description, contact information, etc.). IF YOU BUY OR SELL A CAR AS A RESULT OF INFORMATION OBTAINED IN THIS FORUM OR FROM ASSISTANCE FROM THE GMMG REGISTRY MANAGEMENT TEAM, WE ASK FOR A 1/2% OF 1% CONTRIBUTION OF THE SALE OR PURCHASE PRICE TO THE GMMG REGISTRY TO ASSIST WITH CONTINUING OPERATIONAL EXPENSES OF THE GMMG REGISTRY AND WEBSITE MAINTENANCE.

Topic author
daytonajim
Site Admin
Vehicle: Many GMMG's

Post by daytonajim »

August 19, 2016

There is a guy on E-Bay claiming to have a 1998 GMMG Raptor Camaro.

No one has ever heard of it.

I've asked for the GMMG Brass Door Tag # & GMMG Documentation & as expected I have not gotten a reply.

The guy is making false claims that it's a GMMG. It's not unless he can support his statements with GMMG information requested.

Here's some of the correspondence back & forth on the car............

Jim Smith....................

Thanks – as I thought a Scam. I never heard of this car.

Should the Registry go after him & insist he change the listing unless he comes up with the GMMG Door Tag & paperwork?

At least call him out on it so someone doesn’t get taken thinking they are buying a ‘real’ GMMG? People that false advertise & scam should be strung up by their balls!

I sent a message through E-Bay asking for the GMMG Brass Door Tag # & paperwork. I’m guessing he won’t get back to me.

His phone # is below if anyone wants to call him or at least send a message thru E-Bay????

Reply from Seller on E-Bay when Jim asked............

New message from: isco123 (37Yellow Star)

The Title was a nightmare when I bought it. Took me until 2002 to get it on the road. You can call 508-xxx-xxxx for the long version.

Sent: Friday, August 19, 2016 1:02 PM

To: Jim Smith

Subject: Re: Is this a real GMMG

No Raptor project ever existed, never a 383 c.i. anything GMMG built.

It's possible he had the exhaust installed by gmmg. They did those for people off the street.

Sent: Friday, August 19, 2016 10:46 AM

Subject: Re: Is this a real GMMG

I sent a question to the seller and my email was returned as "unauthenticated".

This car sounds like another rip off.

On Friday, August 19, 2016 8:30 AM, Lakeland Jim Smith wrote:

That would have been some where around the time Matt left SLP. I e-mailed asking for documentation & door tag #.

You guys might want to do the same????

Other than the exhaust, I'm not seeing anything GMMG about it. Never saw anything in Matt's records about it either.

If the guy could provide some receipts or paperwork from Matt that would go a long way.

On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 8:05 AM, Lakeland Jim Smith

jimsmt@lakeland.ws> wrote:

??? I never heard of it till now. Matt was @ SLP until about this time.

I wonder if it has a GMMG Door Tag? I’ll send an e-mail.

Jim

Is this really a GMMG?
Dick Harrell # 9, 18 (Organic Green) #27 (Vic Edlebrock's) - Bobby Labonte Blackbird #38 - Johnny Benson Berger SS #72 - PE Brickyard PR1 (red) - DHPE#4 Brickyard - silver - DEI #54 - 3 of 4 'real' 2000 Daytona 500 GTP Pace Cars

Topic author
daytonajim
Site Admin
Vehicle: Many GMMG's

Post by daytonajim »

The seller removed the GMMG name & everything is OK now.
Dick Harrell # 9, 18 (Organic Green) #27 (Vic Edlebrock's) - Bobby Labonte Blackbird #38 - Johnny Benson Berger SS #72 - PE Brickyard PR1 (red) - DHPE#4 Brickyard - silver - DEI #54 - 3 of 4 'real' 2000 Daytona 500 GTP Pace Cars