Welcome to the new GMMG Registry forum! Hopefully this new forum should be easier for everyone to register, login, navigate, and post! :)

#3 - 2000 Berger - 75th Anniversary Original owner - SOLD

GMMG cars for sale. Must include all information (i.e., price, miles, full description, contact information, etc.). IF YOU BUY OR SELL A CAR AS A RESULT OF INFORMATION OBTAINED IN THIS FORUM OR FROM ASSISTANCE FROM THE GMMG REGISTRY MANAGEMENT TEAM, WE ASK FOR A 1/2% OF 1% CONTRIBUTION OF THE SALE OR PURCHASE PRICE TO THE GMMG REGISTRY TO ASSIST WITH CONTINUING OPERATIONAL EXPENSES OF THE GMMG REGISTRY AND WEBSITE MAINTENANCE.

Topic author
BergerCOPO

Post by BergerCOPO »

9/9/19 - Kevin sent a text - Price reduction - SOLD - posted by Jim Smith

We ordered the car in early 2000, and took delivery in May. This is the first sold Berger car built and shipped by GMMG,after the prototypes It was delivered before the stripes and Berger emblem artwork was finished. I installed the Berger emblems myself with Matt's input, but left the stripes off.Have a letter from Berger verifying this is the only stripe delete of the 100 built. The car wears the #1001 GMMG build number tag and is verified by the official GMMG manufactured list.Matt Murphy told me he numbered the cars using the FIFO method (1st in and 1st out) Dennis Barker numbered the cars as he processed the orders, and this is car number 3.I also ordered #2, but changed the color and ended up with #3.
Our car has 17,000 miles and remains as delivered except a newer set of tires. I have every document from Berger including the stripes and the original 2000 ad announcing the cars were available for sale. Car has never been in the rain or even wet. We live in Phoenix and store the car in a climate controlled garage. This car was featured on the front cover of Hemmings Muscle Machines with other rare Berger Camaros.
Please call Kevin at 480-772-0795 for more information and pictures. SOLD

** When you click on photos they are right side up.

daytonajim
Site Admin
Vehicle: Many GMMG's

Post by daytonajim »

I saw Berger SS #3 in Fountain Hills, AZ this winter (2019) & spent a lot of tie with the original owner - Kevin.

Kevin was there in the beginning of Berger/GMMG & has so much history from back in the day. I really appreciated Kevin & Larry C sharing the 'back-in-the-day' stories with me.

It's super nice. GMMG's 1st door tag. Owner was there in the beginning.

PAY ATTENTION IF YOU WANT SUPER RARE & ORIGINAL OWNER

Note the brass door tag - 01001

For those that do not know how to read the tag...

First number is the year ----- 0 for 2000

Second Number is the engine --- 1 - Phase 1

Last three numbers are GMMG's number - 001 - There were only two GMMG Numbers assigned before SS#3...

#01000 was Berger SS Prototype # PR1 - door tag # 000

#00098 was B-EMT - Black

SS #3 went into GMMG January 7, 2000 with 9 miles on it
Dick Harrell # 9, 18 (Organic Green) #27 (Vic Edlebrock's) - Bobby Labonte Blackbird #38 - Johnny Benson Berger SS #72 - PE Brickyard PR1 (red) - DHPE#4 Brickyard - silver - DEI #54 - 3 of 4 'real' 2000 Daytona 500 GTP Pace Cars

daytonajim
Site Admin
Vehicle: Many GMMG's

#3 SS Berger - Original Owner SOLD

Post by daytonajim »

BergerCOPO wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:50 pm 1/25/20 - I was with Kevin today & he informed SS#3 is sold & going to Canada
posted by Jim Smith

We ordered the car in early 2000, and took delivery in May. This is the first sold Berger car built and shipped by GMMG,after the prototypes It was delivered before the stripes and Berger emblem artwork was finished. I installed the Berger emblems myself with Matt's input, but left the stripes off.Have a letter from Berger verifying this is the only stripe delete of the 100 built. The car wears the #1001 GMMG build number tag and is verified by the official GMMG manufactured list.Matt Murphy told me he numbered the cars using the FIFO method (1st in and 1st out) Dennis Barker numbered the cars as he processed the orders, and this is car number 3.I also ordered #2, but changed the color and ended up with #3.
Our car has 17,000 miles and remains as delivered except a newer set of tires. I have every document from Berger including the stripes and the original 2000 ad announcing the cars were available for sale. Car has never been in the rain or even wet. We live in Phoenix and store the car in a climate controlled garage. This car was featured on the front cover of Hemmings Muscle Machines with other rare Berger Camaros.
Please call Kevin at 480-772-0795 for more information and pictures. SOLD

** When you click on photos they are right side up.

Dick Harrell # 9, 18 (Organic Green) #27 (Vic Edlebrock's) - Bobby Labonte Blackbird #38 - Johnny Benson Berger SS #72 - PE Brickyard PR1 (red) - DHPE#4 Brickyard - silver - DEI #54 - 3 of 4 'real' 2000 Daytona 500 GTP Pace Cars