#68 Dale Earnhardt Intimidator – John – Iowa

///#68 Dale Earnhardt Intimidator – John – Iowa
#68 Dale Earnhardt Intimidator – John – Iowa2019-06-26T02:16:46-05:00

Home Forums GMMG CARS Dale Earnhardt Intimidator SS Camaro #68 Dale Earnhardt Intimidator – John – Iowa

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Was JD’s – Now John – Iowa – 2018?

Our family increased by ONE a couple of Saturday’s ago (10/27/12) and our shop is now full. We purchased a 2001 G.M.M.G. Dale Earnhardt Intimidator SS (#68 out of 83 total cars built) with 1,272 miles on it (After I took it for a short test drive, then it had 1,275 miles on it). It is a Phase 1 (381 H.P.) T-Top Camaro with a manual 6 speed transmission and 3.73 rear gears. A friend of ours (Eric W.) was instrumental in helping us tie this deal down and we owe him many thanks for his assistance because without it and his knowledge of ebay, this wouldn’t have happened. 🙂 We also owe many thanks to Jim Smith and his advice regarding the purchase of this car and the information he had regarding the original owner of this car, etc. We had to travel to Big Rapids, Michigan which is about 60 miles north of Grand Rapids, Michigan to pick up this car and bring it back. It is an original one owner car and the owner traded it in on a new Dodge pickup truck. 😮 🙄 Oh well, his loss was our gain and we purchased it from the Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership in Big Rapids, Michigan. I don’t think the dealer really understood or knew what the car was. Anyway……………here are some pic’s 😀

Of course………………..since we were so close to Berger Chevrolet in Grand Rapids where we purchased our 2002 Phase II ZL-1 SuperCar, we had to stop by for a visit and take a few pic’s in front of the dealership. :auto-driving:

We made it back home about 11:45 p.m. that Saturday evening and got our new baby tucked inside the shop with his new big brother (the ZL-1) and his new little sister (the 30th Anniversary SS convertible). :auto-layrubber:

• This topic was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  daytonajim.
    Blackbird34
    Keymaster

What a great find!! Amazing that the owner just traded it in on a pickup?!

JimLE1301
    Participant

Love that Camaro JD…….and the shop also.

4th Gen Camaro Addict
    Participant

Thanks Jim ! ! ! ! ! I LOVE all of my Camaros ! ! ! ! ! ! ! :auto-iroc:

NCGuy68
    Participant

You absolutly STOLE that # 68 Intimidator J.D.!………… 😯

And what a very nice addition to your shop :mrgreen:

Enjoy your cars…….!

super26
    Participant

GOTTA ASK AGAIN,, SOMEONE , PUT UP A VIDEO OF A INTIMIDATOR GOING THROUGH THE GEARS OR DYNO… YOU THE MAN JD !! THANKS IN ADVANCE..

4th Gen Camaro Addict
    Participant

Jeff……………I haven’t really even had it out of the shop since I got it home last October. It will be going to the body shop here shortly to have a new sail panel installed on it. 😀

NCGuy68
    Participant

@super26 wrote:

GOTTA ASK AGAIN,, SOMEONE , PUT UP A VIDEO OF A INTIMIDATOR GOING THROUGH THE GEARS OR DYNO… YOU THE MAN JD !! THANKS IN ADVANCE..

I haven’t seen or know of that video. But, there is a Intimidator being test driven at DEC in 2001.

Check out the youtube video entitled ‘Dale Earnhardt – Rare Clips from 2001’. Its the first segment.

4th Gen Camaro Addict
    Participant

I had some window decals made and I had them installed on my Dale Earnhardt Intimidator SS #68 today.

Front Windshield:

Rear Window:

AND FINALLY………..A COUPLE OF PICTURES IN FRONT OF MY SHOP HERE AT HOME:

daytonajim
    Keymaster

Looks good.

GMMG ZL1 41
    Participant

J.D. THE CAR REALLY LOOKS GOOD. I HAVE ALWAYS LIKED THE LOOK OF THE INTIMIDATORS! YOUR COLLECTION IS GREAT!

4th Gen Camaro Addict
    Participant

We have a Motel/Restaurant/Bar that has a Cruise Night (Show & Shine) every Wednesday evening during the summer so since today was so nice…………….I decided to take the Intimidator SS down. 😀

4th Gen Camaro Addict
    Participant

Attended the “Gathering at the Grounds” last night with my friend Eric (99legend2rZ here on this forum board). The “Gathering at the Grounds” is a large “show & shine” at the Iowa State Fairgrounds held once a month through the summer. Yesterday evening was just so nice………………moderate temperature and low humidity………………it was rumored that last nights show was the largest since the show’s inception with more cars and motorcycles and more spectators. :mrgreen: Here is some pictures of Eric’s Chevrolet Legends Tour Z/28 and my Dale Earnhardt Intimidator SS #68.

4th Gen Camaro Addict
    Participant

Some of you have been “encouraging” me to dyno the Intimidator SS after I dyno’ed the Tom Henry Racing Camaro SS so…………..today I did that. 😀 Using my last and best pull…………………the “common opinion” among “most” folks is……………….the loss from crank to the wheels on a manual transmission car is 15%. With that thought in mind…………..if you take my last and best pull…………..348.7 horsepower to the wheels times 1.15 equals 401.005 horsepower at the crank and 361.5 torque to the rear wheels times 1.15 equals 415.725 torque at the crank 😀

MY FIRST (1ST) PULL ON THE DYNO – REPORT

MY SECOND (2ND) PULL ON THE DYNO – REPORT

MY THIRD (3RD), LAST AND BEST PULL ON THE DYNO – REPORT

If you look at all three dyno pulls…………………you will note that the car is pretty consistant and there is not much varation between the three dyno pulls. 😀

GMMG ZL1 41
    Participant

GREAT INFO J.D.! THANKS FOR DOING THAT AND SHARING. IT TELLS US WHAT WE HAVE SUSPECTED ALL ALONG. GOOD TO SEE THE CAR OUT AT SOME SHOWS AS WELL!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar