Welcome to the new GMMG Registry forum! Hopefully this new forum should be easier for everyone to register, login, navigate, and post! :)

Advice on installing your NEW badges /emblems

PRIVATE - For discusssions, questions and assistance regarding technical/mechanical issues with GMMG cars.

Topic author
Blackbird34
Site Admin

Post by Blackbird34 »

[attachment=0:3lypfl7e]bb badge 1.jpg[/attachment:3lypfl7e]I wanted to pass this information along to anyone looking to install their GMMG emblem or BlackBird badge.I am talking about the reproduction peices that were purchased over a year ago. In looking at the back of the new reproduction emblems it appears to me the 3M white adhesive tape is not the same type of 3M emblem tape that was used on the originals back in the day. I have both an original Blackbird Badge and a new reproduction one. It would be my advice to anyone installing their new badges to replace the white tape with thicker 3M two sided emblem tape. I have included pictures below. The 3M tape with the red removable backing is what you want. I would hate for someone to install their new badges and have them fall off! I know this has happened to one unlucky guy already!

CETABlackbird4

Post by CETABlackbird4 »

This is good advice. I lost one of my repro badges on the Power Tour last summer. Fortunately I had ordered a backup. Used the thicker two sided tape for all three of them and no problems since.

Damien Scott

Post by Damien Scott »

Thanks Aaron, good info. I will be installing my GMMG reproduction badge when the weather gets a little better. I will definitely make use of this thread when I do.

GMMG ZL1 41
Site Admin

Post by GMMG ZL1 41 »

AARON THANKS FOR POSTING THIS INFORMATION!